Boy Band Battle: The Wanted VS One Direction
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2012 8:42 PM EST
Again, being in in the limelight, having rivals isn't a big shock for everyone but once caught bad-mouthing or backstabbing, then it is not "rivalry" but becomes "war."
Sometimes, the over dramatic fans are the ones who can't just not get enough, but this time, even the boys of One Direction and The Wanted are having "brawl."
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is striking back at The Wanted. IF things were a bit under wraps before, well now things are definitely heating up.
"If you want to create rivalry, then let's do it," said Tomlinson in an interview with the UK's Now magazine.
"I want to speak openly about this because it's quite frustrating. I remember when I'd just done my first audition on The X Factor and I heard 'All Time Low' for the first time. I thought it was a great song by a great band. We met them on the show and they were nice. It changed all of a sudden. There was one press story where they were bad-mouthing us. I thought maybe that had been twisted."
"But then there ended up being about ten stories and they've been caught on camera doing little things," continued Tomlinson.
"I just think, if you want to create that rivalry, then let's do it. We're not bothered about the friction or the rivalry. But I'm not going to shy away from it because that isn't the person I am. I don't think it's fair to me or any of the lads. I was going to say something rude then. Or something sexual," added Louis.
"But that's something The Wanted would say."
According to some reports, these "little things" that the The Wanted said, included calling the One Direction "stereotypical." During a radio interview with the Radio One Breakfast show last August, host Chris Moyles said that the "What Makes you Beautiful" crooners were the more successful boy band, having won three MTV Video Music Awards and topping the US albums chart with their debut record Up All Night.
However, The Wanted singer, Tom Parker, fired back.
"Our new single 'I Found You' is a bit different. We like to mix it up. We try not to be stereotypical," explained Parker.
"We're not the best of friends, so it's not like we are going to go up and start hugging and kissing. And they make little comments in interviews when we're mentioned. But they're young, and that's expected, and I laugh at it. If they're taking it seriously, then maybe that's just an age thing."
One Direction ladies man Harry Style heard about The Wanted's accusation, he instantly backed up his lad Moyles' with a few choice words and tweeted "Chris Moyles' is actually right though... If 1D aren't in the picture, The Wanted would've been WAY more popular!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate