Boy Band Battle: The Wanted VS One Direction
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2012 8:42 PM EST
Again, being in in the limelight, having rivals isn't a big shock for everyone but once caught bad-mouthing or backstabbing, then it is not "rivalry" but becomes "war."
Sometimes, the over dramatic fans are the ones who can't just not get enough, but this time, even the boys of One Direction and The Wanted are having "brawl."
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is striking back at The Wanted. IF things were a bit under wraps before, well now things are definitely heating up.
"If you want to create rivalry, then let's do it," said Tomlinson in an interview with the UK's Now magazine.
"I want to speak openly about this because it's quite frustrating. I remember when I'd just done my first audition on The X Factor and I heard 'All Time Low' for the first time. I thought it was a great song by a great band. We met them on the show and they were nice. It changed all of a sudden. There was one press story where they were bad-mouthing us. I thought maybe that had been twisted."
"But then there ended up being about ten stories and they've been caught on camera doing little things," continued Tomlinson.
"I just think, if you want to create that rivalry, then let's do it. We're not bothered about the friction or the rivalry. But I'm not going to shy away from it because that isn't the person I am. I don't think it's fair to me or any of the lads. I was going to say something rude then. Or something sexual," added Louis.
"But that's something The Wanted would say."
According to some reports, these "little things" that the The Wanted said, included calling the One Direction "stereotypical." During a radio interview with the Radio One Breakfast show last August, host Chris Moyles said that the "What Makes you Beautiful" crooners were the more successful boy band, having won three MTV Video Music Awards and topping the US albums chart with their debut record Up All Night.
However, The Wanted singer, Tom Parker, fired back.
"Our new single 'I Found You' is a bit different. We like to mix it up. We try not to be stereotypical," explained Parker.
"We're not the best of friends, so it's not like we are going to go up and start hugging and kissing. And they make little comments in interviews when we're mentioned. But they're young, and that's expected, and I laugh at it. If they're taking it seriously, then maybe that's just an age thing."
One Direction ladies man Harry Style heard about The Wanted's accusation, he instantly backed up his lad Moyles' with a few choice words and tweeted "Chris Moyles' is actually right though... If 1D aren't in the picture, The Wanted would've been WAY more popular!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More