Boy Band Battle: The Wanted VS One Direction
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2012 8:42 PM EST
Again, being in in the limelight, having rivals isn't a big shock for everyone but once caught bad-mouthing or backstabbing, then it is not "rivalry" but becomes "war."
Sometimes, the over dramatic fans are the ones who can't just not get enough, but this time, even the boys of One Direction and The Wanted are having "brawl."
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is striking back at The Wanted. IF things were a bit under wraps before, well now things are definitely heating up.
"If you want to create rivalry, then let's do it," said Tomlinson in an interview with the UK's Now magazine.
"I want to speak openly about this because it's quite frustrating. I remember when I'd just done my first audition on The X Factor and I heard 'All Time Low' for the first time. I thought it was a great song by a great band. We met them on the show and they were nice. It changed all of a sudden. There was one press story where they were bad-mouthing us. I thought maybe that had been twisted."
"But then there ended up being about ten stories and they've been caught on camera doing little things," continued Tomlinson.
"I just think, if you want to create that rivalry, then let's do it. We're not bothered about the friction or the rivalry. But I'm not going to shy away from it because that isn't the person I am. I don't think it's fair to me or any of the lads. I was going to say something rude then. Or something sexual," added Louis.
"But that's something The Wanted would say."
According to some reports, these "little things" that the The Wanted said, included calling the One Direction "stereotypical." During a radio interview with the Radio One Breakfast show last August, host Chris Moyles said that the "What Makes you Beautiful" crooners were the more successful boy band, having won three MTV Video Music Awards and topping the US albums chart with their debut record Up All Night.
However, The Wanted singer, Tom Parker, fired back.
"Our new single 'I Found You' is a bit different. We like to mix it up. We try not to be stereotypical," explained Parker.
"We're not the best of friends, so it's not like we are going to go up and start hugging and kissing. And they make little comments in interviews when we're mentioned. But they're young, and that's expected, and I laugh at it. If they're taking it seriously, then maybe that's just an age thing."
One Direction ladies man Harry Style heard about The Wanted's accusation, he instantly backed up his lad Moyles' with a few choice words and tweeted "Chris Moyles' is actually right though... If 1D aren't in the picture, The Wanted would've been WAY more popular!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4