Boy Band Battle: The Wanted VS One Direction
By Diadem Pambid | November 7, 2012 8:42 PM EST
Again, being in in the limelight, having rivals isn't a big shock for everyone but once caught bad-mouthing or backstabbing, then it is not "rivalry" but becomes "war."
Sometimes, the over dramatic fans are the ones who can't just not get enough, but this time, even the boys of One Direction and The Wanted are having "brawl."
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is striking back at The Wanted. IF things were a bit under wraps before, well now things are definitely heating up.
"If you want to create rivalry, then let's do it," said Tomlinson in an interview with the UK's Now magazine.
"I want to speak openly about this because it's quite frustrating. I remember when I'd just done my first audition on The X Factor and I heard 'All Time Low' for the first time. I thought it was a great song by a great band. We met them on the show and they were nice. It changed all of a sudden. There was one press story where they were bad-mouthing us. I thought maybe that had been twisted."
"But then there ended up being about ten stories and they've been caught on camera doing little things," continued Tomlinson.
"I just think, if you want to create that rivalry, then let's do it. We're not bothered about the friction or the rivalry. But I'm not going to shy away from it because that isn't the person I am. I don't think it's fair to me or any of the lads. I was going to say something rude then. Or something sexual," added Louis.
"But that's something The Wanted would say."
According to some reports, these "little things" that the The Wanted said, included calling the One Direction "stereotypical." During a radio interview with the Radio One Breakfast show last August, host Chris Moyles said that the "What Makes you Beautiful" crooners were the more successful boy band, having won three MTV Video Music Awards and topping the US albums chart with their debut record Up All Night.
However, The Wanted singer, Tom Parker, fired back.
"Our new single 'I Found You' is a bit different. We like to mix it up. We try not to be stereotypical," explained Parker.
"We're not the best of friends, so it's not like we are going to go up and start hugging and kissing. And they make little comments in interviews when we're mentioned. But they're young, and that's expected, and I laugh at it. If they're taking it seriously, then maybe that's just an age thing."
One Direction ladies man Harry Style heard about The Wanted's accusation, he instantly backed up his lad Moyles' with a few choice words and tweeted "Chris Moyles' is actually right though... If 1D aren't in the picture, The Wanted would've been WAY more popular!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report