Sporting Braga v Manchester United: Champions League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | November 7, 2012 8:39 PM EST
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45 pm BST. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports HD 2.
Sir Alex Ferguson's men lead Group H with three wins from three games. United will wrap up progression to the knock-out stages if they grab all three points against their Portuguese opponents. The Red Devils also occupy top spot in the Premier League, with 24 points from 10 matches and they enter this tie on the back of an impressive victory against old rivals Arsenal.
Braga, on the other hand, are third in the Portuguese Liga table with 17 points from eight matches, three behind joint-leaders Porto and Benfica. The Minho Warriors surrendered a 2-0 lead to suffer a 3-2 defeat to United at Old Trafford in the reverse fixture two weeks ago. Jose Peseiro's side are desperately in need of points, with Romanian champions CFR Cluj occupying second spot in the group.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W L W D
- Last Result: Sporting Braga 3 - 1 Gil Vicente
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W L W W W
- Last Result: Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal
Sporting Braga: Peseiro does not have any new injury or suspension worries but Paulo Vinicius, Ismaily, Paulo Cesar, Carlao and Djamal were all sidelined for the weekend's game against Gil Vicente and there has not been any update regarding how many of them will be fit for United's visit.
Braga play a fluid, attacking 4-2-3-1 system and the manager does have a few selection head-aches (the good kind) as they go into this game. Ruben Micael, Helder Barbosa, Marcio Mossoro and Ruben Amorim all seem to be in fine form and will compete for a place alongside skipper Alan in the attacking midfield, in support of striker Eder.
Manchester United: Paul Scholes and Darren Fletcher were missing from the squad that travelled to Portgual. After an early-season crisis, Ferguson's injury list has shrunk after the international break. However, captain Nemanja Vidic, Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa remain sidelined.
It's a bit of a guessing game on what changes Ferguson will make for this trip. The Scot has recently stated his desire to provide Anderson more game time and the former Porto star could get a start in this match. Nani will compete with Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young for a spot on the flanks. Up front, the in-form Chicharito seems like a strong contender and any of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie or Danny Welbeck could partner him.
Possible Starting Line-ups
Braga (4-2-3-1): Beto; Salino, Douglao, Coelhao, Elderson; Custodio, Viana; Alan, Micael, Amorim; Eder
Manchester United (4-4-2): Lindegaard; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Young; Rooney, Chicharito
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans