Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Gets Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update with XXBLI4 ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 7, 2012 8:06 PM EST
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 gets its due with the official release of Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update over Samsung KIES software. However, those who missed the update through the official channels can now download and install the latest XXBLI4 ROM ICS firmware using the instructions in the guide below.
The XXBLI4 ROM is reportedly based on Vodafone carrier branding with its software duly customised by the cellular service provider.
Android 4.0.4 XXBLI4 Firmware Details
- The XXBLI4 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 model only. It will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About tablet.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options and check the USB debugging option.
- Verify that your tablet's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the official XXBLI4 ROM on your Galaxy Tab.
- Users are advised to backup apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.0.4 ICS update.
- Make sure that your tablet is factory unlocked before proceeding with the ROM installation steps.
- As the XXBLI4 ROM is an official release, be advised that you will lose root access soon after installing the ICS update. You will need to root your Galaxy Tab once again to regain full system access and be able to install root-based apps again.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not support any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the official XXBLI4 ROM based Android 4.0.4 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install XXBLI4 ROM Based Android 4.0.4 ICS Update on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100
Step 1 - Download Android 4.0.4 P5100XXBLI4 ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) to your computer and extract the zip file to the desktop.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware on your Galaxy Tab.
Step 3 - Power off your tablet and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up button and then keep tapping the Power button until you see the construction Android robot icon with a triangle. Hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect the tablet to it, while the tablet is still in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your tablet connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will indicate yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process is time-consuming. So, leave it alone.
Step 7 - Now, choose the files to be flashed or installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. These files can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the PDA button and choose the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the Phone button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit the CSC button and choose the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. In case of the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you chose a .pit file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Now, click the Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. The process is time-consuming and will take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot. When the home screen appears, disconnect your phone from the computer.
XXBLI4 ROM based Android 4.0.4 ICS update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Go to Settings > About tablet to confirm the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James