Saif Ali Khan's Pataudi Property Reportedly Valued at ₹750 crore
By Ankita Mehta | November 7, 2012 7:56 PM EST
Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan holds huge ancestral property in his name worth ₹750 crore, according to reports.
As the son of the last titular Nawab of Pataudi, Mansoor Ali Khan, Saif owns the palace and some other family properties, said The Times of India (TOI).
"Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi has left the lion's share of his assets to his only son Saif. His daughters Saba and Soha are also reportedly mentioned in the will and are beneficiaries," a source told TOI.
The actor denied the report saying that he doesn't know the exact value of the property.
"I do not think the property is valued at as much as that. I don't really know the exact amount, but it sounds a bit high. It's ancestral property, so beyond value," Saif told the leading daily.
It is reported that after Saif and Kareena's wedding in October, his family was expected to resolve some property issues. Actress Sharmila Tagore will represent her late husband Mansoor Ali.
After Mansoor Ali's death in 2011, Saif was declared the tenth Nawab of Pataudi by villagers of the state, as per norms. The title was long abolished by the government.
Saif's paternal grandfather Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi was the eight Nawab of Pataudi. As a cricketer, Iftikhar played for England and was captain of the Indian national cricket team. Saif's grandmother Sajida Sultan was the Begum of Bhopal and the second daughter of Hamidullah Khan, the last ruling Nawab of Bhopal.
Mansoor Ali was a famous cricketer and lead the Indian cricket team from 1962 to 1970. He was the ninth Nawab until 1971, when India abolished the titles through the 26th Amendment to the Constitution of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Minister Announces Web Site for Scrapping Outdated Rules
- Ellen DeGeneres Earns $15M Profit in $55M LA Mansion Sales to Sean Parker
- FAA Shots Down Drone Use for Real Estate Industry
- Social Site for Real Estate Agents Beats Zillow in Terms of Listings
- Manhattan Real Estate Sales Are on the Rise
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide