Saif Ali Khan's Pataudi Property Reportedly Valued at ₹750 crore
By Ankita Mehta | November 7, 2012 7:56 PM EST
Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan holds huge ancestral property in his name worth ₹750 crore, according to reports.
As the son of the last titular Nawab of Pataudi, Mansoor Ali Khan, Saif owns the palace and some other family properties, said The Times of India (TOI).
"Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi has left the lion's share of his assets to his only son Saif. His daughters Saba and Soha are also reportedly mentioned in the will and are beneficiaries," a source told TOI.
The actor denied the report saying that he doesn't know the exact value of the property.
"I do not think the property is valued at as much as that. I don't really know the exact amount, but it sounds a bit high. It's ancestral property, so beyond value," Saif told the leading daily.
It is reported that after Saif and Kareena's wedding in October, his family was expected to resolve some property issues. Actress Sharmila Tagore will represent her late husband Mansoor Ali.
After Mansoor Ali's death in 2011, Saif was declared the tenth Nawab of Pataudi by villagers of the state, as per norms. The title was long abolished by the government.
Saif's paternal grandfather Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi was the eight Nawab of Pataudi. As a cricketer, Iftikhar played for England and was captain of the Indian national cricket team. Saif's grandmother Sajida Sultan was the Begum of Bhopal and the second daughter of Hamidullah Khan, the last ruling Nawab of Bhopal.
Mansoor Ali was a famous cricketer and lead the Indian cricket team from 1962 to 1970. He was the ninth Nawab until 1971, when India abolished the titles through the 26th Amendment to the Constitution of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- France, Germany Lead Europe's Commercial Real Estate Market
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate