BNP Paribas beats third-quarter expectations, boosts capital
November 7, 2012 5:14 PM EST
French bank BNP Paribas
France's No. 1 bank said on Wednesday its third-quarter profit had more than doubled to 1.32 billion euros ($1.69 billion) from 541 million in the same period a year ago. The mean of 10 analyst estimates was 1.18 billion.
BNP said its closely watched core capital ratio under tougher Basel III rules stood at 9.5 percent at end-September, a fresh high that puts it ahead of rivals like UBS
($1 = 0.7812 euros)
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent and Matthias Blamont; Editing by James Regan)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid