Obama Takes Wis., Mich., Pa.
November 7, 2012 1:40 PM EST
President Barack Obama has carried the key states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, media organizations projected Tuesday night.
Wisconsin was a highly coveted swing state, considered vital for Mitt Romney’s hopes. The Republicans also made a last-minute run to challenge in Pennsylvania.
CBS and CNN called Michigan almost immediately after the polls closed there. Fox and NBC have both called Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., was projected to defeat Republican challenger Tom Smith. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D- Mich., was called to defeat GOP foe Pete Hoekstra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- MH17: Separatist Soldier Holds Aussie Reporter at Gun Point
- U.S. ‘Defends’ Israel for ‘Disgraceful’ Attack on UN School in Gaza that Killed 15
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- NSW Braces for Severe Weather Condition
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools