Democrat Murphy Wins Connecticut Senate Seat
November 7, 2012 12:47 PM EST
Rep. Chris Murphy has reclaimed a Connecticut Senate seat for the Democrats, media organizations projected Tuesday evening.
Murphy was projected to defeat former WWE chief executive Linda McMahon, the self-funded Republican candidate, to succeed Sen. Joseph Lieberman, a former Democrat who was elected to his last term as an independent.
With 5 percent of the vote in, Murphy was leading McMahon by 62 to 36 percent margin, Politico reported.
McMahon also lost the 2010 race for Connecticut’s other U.S. Senate seat to Richard Blumenthal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Germany to Send Soldiers to Iraq, Bans Displays of Support for ISIS
- Russia to Create Emergency Fund for Sanctions-Hit Companies, to Build New Rail Line Bypassing Ukraine
- Strike vs ISIS Countdown: Arab Nations Signify Intent to Join U.S. Fight
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date