Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 to get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 7, 2012 12:12 PM EST
Google revealed Android 4.2 Jelly Bean last week and instead of it being a rework of the OS, it has had a light refresh and gets some new features. However, in the meantime flagship Android handsets are waiting for updates to 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Samsung devices owners will have to wait until December or early of the first quarter next year for the update. This news came following a Jelly Bean ROM that leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note and the rumor that Samsung may just update the device to Android 4.1.2 (not 4.2).
If the rumors proved to be true, the two smartphones will be the first Samsung devices to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update, and the quarter runs from January through to March.
There is no official word yet from Samsung as to when it will roll out the update. For the meantime you can enjoy the Jelly Bean update in your devices. Find out how to install Jelly Bean OS in your Samsung Galaxy S3 below.
How to Install Jelly Bean Update in Samsung Galaxy S3
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef