Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 to get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 7, 2012 12:12 PM EST
Google revealed Android 4.2 Jelly Bean last week and instead of it being a rework of the OS, it has had a light refresh and gets some new features. However, in the meantime flagship Android handsets are waiting for updates to 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Samsung devices owners will have to wait until December or early of the first quarter next year for the update. This news came following a Jelly Bean ROM that leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note and the rumor that Samsung may just update the device to Android 4.1.2 (not 4.2).
If the rumors proved to be true, the two smartphones will be the first Samsung devices to receive the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update, and the quarter runs from January through to March.
There is no official word yet from Samsung as to when it will roll out the update. For the meantime you can enjoy the Jelly Bean update in your devices. Find out how to install Jelly Bean OS in your Samsung Galaxy S3 below.
How to Install Jelly Bean Update in Samsung Galaxy S3
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid