Sharon Osbourne Says 'No' To More Plastic Surgery As Millions Of Women Say 'Yes'
By Justine Ashley Costanza | November 7, 2012 11:21 AM EST
During Monday's episode of "The Talk," Sharon Osbourne shared her newfound disdain for plastic surgery and vowed that she will no longer seek elective procedures. According to Entertainment Wise, the brassy TV personality has spent nearly $300,000 on cosmetic surgery in the past. Osbourne made the decision to forgo further procedures because she is unsatisfied with how the surgeries have made her look.
"No more, because I have been looking at pictures of myself recently since I started to lose weight.," she said. "And in a lot of shots, my face looks plastic and at certain angles I was like, 'Oh, dear. Oh, I should never have done that. Oh, that's a bad one.' So I'm like, 'No more. No more abuse.''
Osbourne also revealed that she decided to have a double mastectomy after one of her breast implants burst and she discovered that she carried the breast cancer gene.
"One of them had burst, and all of it had gone into the wall of my stomach. And one breast was different than the other," Osbourne said. "I wasn't diagnosed with cancer, but I had the gene and one of my breasts was in a really bad state because of the implant."
The 60-year-old won her battle with colon cancer in 2003 and previously praised the effects of plastic surgery. In a 2008 interview with Night and Day magazine, Osbourne talked openly about having her stomach stapled and later having excess skin removed. She also admitted to loving plastic surgery.
"I had liposuction on my neck and had it lifted, too. I had my breasts lifted, my arms lipo-ed and my tummy tucked," Osbourne said. "I had my bum lifted and implants inserted. And I had my legs lifted. I love cosmetic surgery. I don't mind getting older. But if it all started sagging, I 'd have the whole lot done again."
The former reality star's decision is one that few others in American and the U.K have arrived at.
A 2011 survey conducted by the Huffington Post showed that more than seven out of ten women between the ages of 18 and 30 want to undergo plastic surgery, while half plan to have cosmetic procedures in the future. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery, a whopping 13.8 million people in the U.S. chose to have elective surgery last year.
According to the statistics, breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure. Ninety-two percent of those who undergo elective surgery are women. In Osbourne's native U.K, 43,069 cosmetic surgeries were performed in 2011. According to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, 38,771 of those procedures were performed on women.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza