Gold and Silver Surge on Election Day Tuesday
By Eric McWhinnie | November 7, 2012 9:08 AM EST
On Tuesday, gold (
In afternoon trading, the SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEARCA:GLD) gained 1.70 percent, while the iShares Silver Trust (NYSEARCA:SLV) jumped 2.60 percent. Gold miners (NYSEARCA:GDX) such as Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) and Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) increased 3.50 percent and 1.50 percent, respectively. Silver names such as First Majestic Silver (NYSE:AG) and Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) both climbed more than 1 percent higher.
Investor Insight: Financial Storm Clouds Gather Over the United States
If you would like to receive professional analysis on miners and other precious metal investments, we invite you to try our premium service free for 14 days.
Disclosure: Long EXK, AG, HL, PHYS
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2