‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ vs ‘Son of Sardaar’: I am Fighting for My Rights, says Ajay Devgn
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 6, 2012 10:38 PM EST
The war between actor-producer Ajay Devgn and Yash Raj Films intensifies after the Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected Ajay's allegation that the production company is using its dominant position for the promotion of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan".
Ajay insisted that the fight is not between him and actor Shahrukh Khan but between the producers of the movies "Son of Sardaar" and "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". The actor said that he had filed the complaint before Yash Chopra passed away.
"I had filed the complaint much before the demise of Yash Chopra. When this happened I was like people are going to target me and nobody is going to understand my point of view... I was a villain on both sides. I couldn't withdraw it (notice) from the Competition Commission... It is not a normal court," Ajay told Press Trust of India (PTI).
"I respected Yashji as much anybody else does. We have grown up watching his films," he added.
Both "SOS" and "JTHJ" are much-awaited movies this year and are releasing on the same day. On Oct 18, Ajay filed a case against YRF with the CCI claiming that they used unfair means of promoting their movie.
The CCI on Tuesday rejected Ajay's plea stating that "The Commission has rejected the complaint of Ajay Devgn against Yash Raj Films as there was no merit in it. The complaint does not fall under any area that violates Competition rules," according to PTI.
Ajay said that he is fighting for his rights and not asking anyone to stop the release of their film. "I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair," he said. "I want both the films to do well. Even by filing this I don't think I have done anything that will harm anyone. If I lose then it won't be my benefit but if I win also it won't be a loss to anyone," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects