‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ vs ‘Son of Sardaar’: I am Fighting for My Rights, says Ajay Devgn
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 6, 2012 10:38 PM EST
The war between actor-producer Ajay Devgn and Yash Raj Films intensifies after the Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected Ajay's allegation that the production company is using its dominant position for the promotion of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan".
Ajay insisted that the fight is not between him and actor Shahrukh Khan but between the producers of the movies "Son of Sardaar" and "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". The actor said that he had filed the complaint before Yash Chopra passed away.
"I had filed the complaint much before the demise of Yash Chopra. When this happened I was like people are going to target me and nobody is going to understand my point of view... I was a villain on both sides. I couldn't withdraw it (notice) from the Competition Commission... It is not a normal court," Ajay told Press Trust of India (PTI).
"I respected Yashji as much anybody else does. We have grown up watching his films," he added.
Both "SOS" and "JTHJ" are much-awaited movies this year and are releasing on the same day. On Oct 18, Ajay filed a case against YRF with the CCI claiming that they used unfair means of promoting their movie.
The CCI on Tuesday rejected Ajay's plea stating that "The Commission has rejected the complaint of Ajay Devgn against Yash Raj Films as there was no merit in it. The complaint does not fall under any area that violates Competition rules," according to PTI.
Ajay said that he is fighting for his rights and not asking anyone to stop the release of their film. "I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair," he said. "I want both the films to do well. Even by filing this I don't think I have done anything that will harm anyone. If I lose then it won't be my benefit but if I win also it won't be a loss to anyone," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy