Corn, Wheat and Soybean Prices
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | November 6, 2012 7:53 PM EST
LTN closing Grain comments; Soybeans continue to slide Monday
Pressure from both sides of the market kept Soybean contracts on the defensive to start the week on the improved weather pattern for Brazil and Argentina. Corn followed along, but withstood a test of Key support, Wheat held to the plus side on concerns over domestic production.
Wheat futures favored a firmer tone throughout the morning, but softened in afternoon trade as Soybeans extended losses. Nearby Wheat at all three exchanges ended steady to slightly higher, with deferred contracts mixed Monday. Strength in the USD index limited gains throughout the day, but traders’ focus was on the tightening global supply situation.
Corn futures mildly favored the upside overnight, but faded as the day progressed and closed mostly around 4 to 5 cents lower and near session lows. Corn futures were initially supported by strength in the Wheat market. But with the USD index firmer and the soybean market under heavy pressure, buying interest dried up in the Corn market.
Soybean futures were slightly lower in overnight trade, but losses were extended with the start of open-outcry trade and futures continued to slide. November through August futures ended with double-digit losses, with nearby contracts ending 20 + cents lower. Losses for far-deferred contracts were much lighter. Early pressure came from strength in the USD index and improved weather for South America.
Lean Hog futures softened in late trade to end 75 cents to 1.65 lower, which was near session lows. Lean Hog futures started the day mixed and losses were tempered throughout the morning as traders waited on a clear tone from the cash market. Losses were also limited early on for December Hogs by the sizable discount the contract holds to the cash index
Live cattle futures closed 15 to 35 cents lower in all but some of the far-deferred contracts, which was in the lower 50% of today’s range. Trade was very cautious in the Cattle market today as traders await Tuesday’s Presidential election results and wait to see what impact the East Coast recovery efforts from Superstorm Sandy have on Beef demand.
Gain Access to the Latest Charting and News Technology, Runs on Your Desktop and your iPad , a Must for all Serious traders, email@example.com
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Russia, South Africa Sign US$50B (A$54.1B) Nuclear Deal
- Roubini Global Economics Forecasts 20% Decline In Value Of Aussie Dollar, Economic Slowdown
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday September 23, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – September 23, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 23, 2014
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?