‘Avatar’ Star Sam Worthington Cuffed and Arrested in Atlanta after Having Too Much To Drink?
By Arlene Paredes | November 6, 2012 3:37 PM EST
Reports came out this week that Aussie actor Sam Worthington got himself in trouble in Atlanta. It looks like the Avatar film hero had too much to drink.
Worthington had to be stopped with pepper spray and was ''handcuffed aggressively'' after resisting a security guard in a bar in Atlanta, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Jerry Links, the security guard at Vortex bar and grill in Midland Atlanta, told TMZ he told Worthington he couldn't be allow to get in the bar because he was too drunk. In response, the actor reportedly yelled, "I'm a DEA agent! You f**ked up now!"
Incidentally, Worthington is in Atlanta filming the upcoming action thriller "Ten." He and co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger are in the film as DEA agents who have gone rogue.
Links had to resort to pepper spray to stop the actor from being unruly. Worthington allegedly pushed the security guard twice, and this prompted Links to use the pepper spray on him.
Fairfax Media was able to hear from some witnesses, who happen to be Australians, as well.
"To be honest, we didn't recognise him [Worthington] initially, just that while he was on the pavement he was shouting for someone to rub his eyes and we all thought 'He's got an Aussie accent'. There are not many Australians here in Atlanta. Our waiter let us know that it was 'the guy from Avatar','' the witness told Fairfax Media.
"For a while he was alone and was really uncomfortable, pretty messy, with spit hanging from his face, beard," a witness said further.
"To be fair, he was very polite to security, and actually was addressing the bouncer as 'Sir', which shows he's been in town for a while. Atlanta is a VERY polite city," the witness noted.
Police took Worthington away within the hour, just after the paramedics treated him for the pepper spray effects. But the charges were dropped when the bar owner did not show up to file a formal complaint.
Was it a case of having too much to drink for the 36-year-old Australian actor? Or was the actor doing some kind of research for his role portrayal?
Worthington played Jake Sully in the box office hit "Avatar." He is also well-known as Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" and its sequel, "Wrath of the Titans."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports