‘Avatar’ Star Sam Worthington Cuffed and Arrested in Atlanta after Having Too Much To Drink?
By Arlene Paredes | November 6, 2012 3:37 PM EST
Reports came out this week that Aussie actor Sam Worthington got himself in trouble in Atlanta. It looks like the Avatar film hero had too much to drink.
Worthington had to be stopped with pepper spray and was ''handcuffed aggressively'' after resisting a security guard in a bar in Atlanta, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Jerry Links, the security guard at Vortex bar and grill in Midland Atlanta, told TMZ he told Worthington he couldn't be allow to get in the bar because he was too drunk. In response, the actor reportedly yelled, "I'm a DEA agent! You f**ked up now!"
Incidentally, Worthington is in Atlanta filming the upcoming action thriller "Ten." He and co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger are in the film as DEA agents who have gone rogue.
Links had to resort to pepper spray to stop the actor from being unruly. Worthington allegedly pushed the security guard twice, and this prompted Links to use the pepper spray on him.
Fairfax Media was able to hear from some witnesses, who happen to be Australians, as well.
"To be honest, we didn't recognise him [Worthington] initially, just that while he was on the pavement he was shouting for someone to rub his eyes and we all thought 'He's got an Aussie accent'. There are not many Australians here in Atlanta. Our waiter let us know that it was 'the guy from Avatar','' the witness told Fairfax Media.
"For a while he was alone and was really uncomfortable, pretty messy, with spit hanging from his face, beard," a witness said further.
"To be fair, he was very polite to security, and actually was addressing the bouncer as 'Sir', which shows he's been in town for a while. Atlanta is a VERY polite city," the witness noted.
Police took Worthington away within the hour, just after the paramedics treated him for the pepper spray effects. But the charges were dropped when the bar owner did not show up to file a formal complaint.
Was it a case of having too much to drink for the 36-year-old Australian actor? Or was the actor doing some kind of research for his role portrayal?
Worthington played Jake Sully in the box office hit "Avatar." He is also well-known as Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" and its sequel, "Wrath of the Titans."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family