Brad Pitt Is Now A Furniture Designer
By Eli Epstein | November 6, 2012 12:07 PM EST
Whether he and the Interrupted Girl are adopting half of Malawi, or he’s starring as the leading ingredient in the popular prescription sleep aid “The Tree of Life,” Doug Pitt’s Brother Brad can’t seem to keep himself out of the headlines.
Now, after a successful run confusing viewers as the Chanel No.5 spokesmodel, Brad’s back with his next crackpot project: furniture design.
Of course, any time a celebrity comes out of left field to tell us they want to do something besides make millions and eat at fancy restaurants, we’re told it’s something they’ve been “toying with for years.”
The publicity surrounding Brad’s foray into drafting is no different. Architectural Digest of course includes the money quote that Pitt’s been “doodling ideas for buildings and furniture since the early 1990s,” lest you mock his ambition and call him a dilettante.
Next, Brad lists Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright as inspirations, perfectly fulfilling the “long-held idea and two names” credibility formula.
Now that Brad’s established himself as no amateur in the drafting game, we can — with the full faith and credit of a cultured Architectural Digest reader — delve further into his constructive ambitions.
He’s reportedly teamed up with friend and designer Frank Pollaro to debut a dozen furnished pieces this November in New York. Frank and Brad, naturally, get along like old chums, most likely because they “embody the same mad spirit of the craftsmen of yore,” says Brad wistfully.
And, Brad tells us, they both “have a predilection for far too much wine,” which is a gut-splittingly hilarious aside that should leave you chuckling in haughty hysterics.
The big question is, of course: What opuses will be in Brad’s debut collection? Not one to start off slow, with something simple like a bookshelf, Brad started with a bed featuring — among seemingly 45 other abstract refinements — a cantilevered bench, exposed nickel trusses, integrated shagreen foot pads, and you lost us…
But there’s more: Brad’s also rolling out a marble bathtub and a table with a 24-karat gold finish — you know, for the common folk. For a few of the chairs in his collection, Brad estimates that they’ll start off at $45,000, so you better make sure your tooshie is ready for that kind of price tag.
When he’s not sitting in his mahogany study drinking aged scotch and thumbing his nose at novices who misconstrue tenets of modern design as layered classical maxims, Brad sometimes acts in movies. His next film “Killing Them Softly” looks very entertaining. It opens later this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed