Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini vs. Galaxy Premier: Which Downgraded Galaxy S3 is Better?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 6, 2012 11:22 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy Premier bears a resemblance to the popular Samsung Galaxy S3 and it looks like its twin. The new Galaxy Premier is believed to lie somewhere between the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S3 in terms of price and capabilities.
Not very long ago, Samsung also unwrapped the Galaxy S3 Mini, which is a smaller version of the company's flagship phone with downgraded specs. The tech giant made a new device for people who are looking for a cheaper yet powerful smartphone.
Screen Display - The Galaxy Premier, on the other hand, sports a 4.65 inch Super AMOLED screen display but retain its 720x1280 pixel resolution; while the Galaxy S3 Mini has a small 4 inch screen size with 480x800 pixel resolution.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy Premier is powered by 1.5GHz dual core TI OMAP 4470 processor with 1GB of RAM. Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has dual-core 1GHz Ericsson NovaThor chipset. There is still 1GB RAM.
Operating System - Both devices come with Android v4.1 Jelly Bean.
Storage - Both devices have 8GB or 16GB variants with a microSD memory card slot.
NFC - Both devices will support Near Field Communication via S-Beam. However, in Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, you can choose a version without NFC support.
Camera - The Galaxy Premier is equipped with 8MP rear camera and 1.9MP front-facing camera compared to Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini's 5 megapixel rear camera and VGA front shooter
Battery - Samsung Galaxy Premier has a 2100 mAh battery; while the miniature version of Galaxy S3 has 1500 mAh.
There is no confirmation yet from Samsung and the photos did not include any specifics such as when the Galaxy Premier will be announced or whether it will be released by Google or Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced