Kristen Bell And Dax Shepard Expecting A Child Together
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 6, 2012 6:01 AM EST
It’s official: Kristen Bell and her fiancé Dax Shepard are expecting a child together. Although the longtime couple has not formally announced the good news yet, a rep confirmed that Bell is pregnant and expecting a child in late spring, reported People.
"Yes, they are expecting their first child," a rep told E! News.
“They’re so excited — they’re both ecstatic. They can’t wait to become parents,” a friend of the Hollywood power couple told People. “Kristen had a little bit of morning sickness early on but she just started shooting the second season of House of Lies and is feeling great now.”
Bell, 32, and Shepard, 37, have been dating for more than five years and became engaged to be married in December of 2009, after Shepard proposed. The two often work together and have appeared in comedies like “When in Rome,” and “Hit & Run.” Shepard also directed his fiancée in the latter, and raved about the experience.
“This could have gone south in a hurry,” Shepard told the Hollywood Reported. "Directing your fiancée, there’s a pretty good chance that it could have blown up and ended our relationship, but for whatever reason we really liked it, and it was probably the best six weeks of the five years we’ve been together. Go ahead and throw up now."
Bell also gushed about acting alongside her real-life beau, saying “You also strive to have this much comfort with your pretend significant other when you’re on camera, and we actually have it. So, there was a sincerity that I don’t think I’ve ever had on camera before, when I was with him. I was really being 100% natural.” “We love working together,” added Bell.
Despite frequently professing their affection for one another, the couple has said that a wedding is not currently high on their list of priorities. Both Shepard and Bell have previously revealed that they are eager to start a family together, but say they are waiting for same-sex marriage to be legalized before planning a wedding of their own.
In a July appearance on the "View", Shepard explained his feelings on the subject, saying, “We wouldn’t want to invite all of our friends who don’t have that right to celebrate us, who have that right. We just don’t feel right about that.” Bell agreed, adding, “Can you think about how rude that would feel?”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch