Morning Heating Oil Market Report 11/05
November 6, 2012 1:31 AM EST
December heating oil prices registered a new low for the move during the initial morning hours but managed to stabilize ahead of the US opening. Some trades indicated that early weakness in the heating oil market came from a sell off in Brent crude oil, strength in the US dollar and further concerns over US demand in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. It also seemed that the tight European distillate supply situation was improving as refiners come back from a period of maintenance. The Commitments of Traders Futures and Options report as of October 30th showed non-commercial traders were net long 29,480 contracts, a decrease of 1,508. Non-commercial and nonreportable traders combined held a net long position of 49,792 contracts, for a decrease of 4,493 in their net long positioning.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’