Morning Crude Oil Market Report 11/05
November 6, 2012 1:33 AM EST
December crude oil prices registered a lower low during the initial morning hours, weighed down by weakness in global equity markets, strength in the US dollar and uncertainty over the US presidential election. Some traders noted a measure of caution following weaker than expected service sector growth in China. The crude oil supply situation seems more than ample, despite dislocations from Hurricane Sandy. The continued closure of two key New Jersey refineries is seen as a force limiting demand for crude oil in the Northeast region. The Commitments of Traders Futures and Options report as of October 30th showed non-commercial traders were net long 241,073 contracts, a decrease of 11,606. Non-commercial and nonreportable traders combined held a net long position of 251,146 contracts, for a decrease of 14,484 in their net long positioning. Money managers were also aggressive sellers during the report window, slashing their net long positions by 11%.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans