Morning Crude Oil Market Report 11/05
November 6, 2012 1:33 AM EST
December crude oil prices registered a lower low during the initial morning hours, weighed down by weakness in global equity markets, strength in the US dollar and uncertainty over the US presidential election. Some traders noted a measure of caution following weaker than expected service sector growth in China. The crude oil supply situation seems more than ample, despite dislocations from Hurricane Sandy. The continued closure of two key New Jersey refineries is seen as a force limiting demand for crude oil in the Northeast region. The Commitments of Traders Futures and Options report as of October 30th showed non-commercial traders were net long 241,073 contracts, a decrease of 11,606. Non-commercial and nonreportable traders combined held a net long position of 251,146 contracts, for a decrease of 14,484 in their net long positioning. Money managers were also aggressive sellers during the report window, slashing their net long positions by 11%.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence