Morning Crude Oil Market Report 11/05
November 6, 2012 1:33 AM EST
December crude oil prices registered a lower low during the initial morning hours, weighed down by weakness in global equity markets, strength in the US dollar and uncertainty over the US presidential election. Some traders noted a measure of caution following weaker than expected service sector growth in China. The crude oil supply situation seems more than ample, despite dislocations from Hurricane Sandy. The continued closure of two key New Jersey refineries is seen as a force limiting demand for crude oil in the Northeast region. The Commitments of Traders Futures and Options report as of October 30th showed non-commercial traders were net long 241,073 contracts, a decrease of 11,606. Non-commercial and nonreportable traders combined held a net long position of 251,146 contracts, for a decrease of 14,484 in their net long positioning. Money managers were also aggressive sellers during the report window, slashing their net long positions by 11%.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone