Morning Crude Oil Market Report 11/05
November 6, 2012 1:33 AM EST
December crude oil prices registered a lower low during the initial morning hours, weighed down by weakness in global equity markets, strength in the US dollar and uncertainty over the US presidential election. Some traders noted a measure of caution following weaker than expected service sector growth in China. The crude oil supply situation seems more than ample, despite dislocations from Hurricane Sandy. The continued closure of two key New Jersey refineries is seen as a force limiting demand for crude oil in the Northeast region. The Commitments of Traders Futures and Options report as of October 30th showed non-commercial traders were net long 241,073 contracts, a decrease of 11,606. Non-commercial and nonreportable traders combined held a net long position of 251,146 contracts, for a decrease of 14,484 in their net long positioning. Money managers were also aggressive sellers during the report window, slashing their net long positions by 11%.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu