Nokia Lumia 920 vs. LG Nexus 4: Windows or Android Smartphone?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 5, 2012 2:15 PM EST
Google recently announced its new line of hardware through a blog post after an event in New York was canceled due to Superstorm Sandy that hit the East Coast last week. One of these devices is the company's latest Nexus smartphone - LG Nexus 4.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 is rumored to be equipped with 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery. The upcoming Google-LG smartphone will run with Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie that will soon be unveiled by the search engine company.
Last September, Nokia also announced its flagship phone - Nokia Lumia 920. The smartphone runs on Windows Phone 8. It also boasts some amazing features such as PureMotion HD+ screen display, great camera and wireless battery. Below is the comparison of the two devices based on some of their specs and features:
The LG Nexus 4 has a display of 4.7 inches and it has IPS technology and measures 1280x768 pixel resolution with 320ppi. The company claimed that the screen of the LG Nexus 4 is great for reading text or watching videos, even in direct sunlight.
Nokia Lumia 920, on the other hand, has a 4.5 PureMotion HD+ screen display with 1280x768 pixel resolution, which gives you sharp and vivid colors. Nokia's handset proved to be greater, thanks to its higher ppi, fast response and deep blacks.
The LG Nexus 4 has the quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro Qualcomm processor and it has 2GB of RAM. Nokia Lumia 920 has a dual core processor and 1GB of RAM. LG Nexus 4 gained points due to these aspects.
LG Nexus 4 comes with internal storage up to 16GB. Nokia Lumia 920 comes with 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants.
LG Nexus 4 will hit the market with Androidv4.2 that Google is set to introduce. Nokia Lumia 920 comes with Windows Phone 8.
Nokia's smartphone gained higher ground for supporting LTE, which LG Nexus 4 left behind.
LG Nexus 4 comes with 8-megapixel camera. Nokia Lumia 920 also comes with 8MP camera but it is far greater because of the PureView technology that Nokia devised.
Both of the devices have battery life of more than 2000mAh.
However, it is important to note that LG Nexus 4 is supported by Android that offers Google Play Store, which has around 700,000 apps, along with music and eBooks. The Nokia Lumia 920, on the other hand, has Windows Phone 8 and this offers home screen tiles, which can be customized and provide updates in real time. The handset also has Nokia maps and Office. The choice of apps however lets the device down, when compared with those on Android.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]