Who Killed Faalau Pisu in Canley Vale Wedding Shooting?
By Arlene Paredes | November 5, 2012 1:41 PM EST
Amateur boxer Faalau Pisu has been named as one of the victims in a wedding reception shooting in Canley Vale past midnight Monday.
Pisu, 23, was killed from two gunshot wounds to the head, Adelaide Now reported. The shooting took place outside a function centre on Bareena Street, Canley Vale, Sydney around 12.20am.
Two other victims, both males, survived the shooting. Police authorities are still investigating. One of the victims was reportedly shot in the leg. The other sustained "minor wounds."
The Herald Sun reported authorities have yet to determine whether the shooting stemmed from an argument among guests, or if the shooting involved issues between bikie gangs.
A report by the Sydney Morning Herald indicated Pisu had "friends with links to the Comancheros," a motorcycle club based in Sydney.
Officers from Cabramatta Local Area Command are still investigating, but they are expected to release more information Monday noon.
Pisu was reportedly a cousin of the groom, who had his wedding reception outside the Serbian National Defence Council.
Speaking to ABC Radio, Pisu's sister said their family is "really hurt at the moment." She said her brother was "the best guy."
"He was a guy with a big heart and he loved each and every one of us, especially the children," said Faimai Faye Ale, Pisu's sister.
It was noted in the Adelaide Now report that Pisu finished his secondary education at Ashcroft High School in Sydney in 2006. He was an amateur boxer and was also on his way to becoming a personal trainer.
Who could have shot and killed the 23-year-old man and injured two others in what should have been a joyous occasion?
Witnesses and anyone with information on the shooting are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS