Who Killed Faalau Pisu in Canley Vale Wedding Shooting?
By Arlene Paredes | November 5, 2012 1:41 PM EST
Amateur boxer Faalau Pisu has been named as one of the victims in a wedding reception shooting in Canley Vale past midnight Monday.
Pisu, 23, was killed from two gunshot wounds to the head, Adelaide Now reported. The shooting took place outside a function centre on Bareena Street, Canley Vale, Sydney around 12.20am.
Two other victims, both males, survived the shooting. Police authorities are still investigating. One of the victims was reportedly shot in the leg. The other sustained "minor wounds."
The Herald Sun reported authorities have yet to determine whether the shooting stemmed from an argument among guests, or if the shooting involved issues between bikie gangs.
A report by the Sydney Morning Herald indicated Pisu had "friends with links to the Comancheros," a motorcycle club based in Sydney.
Officers from Cabramatta Local Area Command are still investigating, but they are expected to release more information Monday noon.
Pisu was reportedly a cousin of the groom, who had his wedding reception outside the Serbian National Defence Council.
Speaking to ABC Radio, Pisu's sister said their family is "really hurt at the moment." She said her brother was "the best guy."
"He was a guy with a big heart and he loved each and every one of us, especially the children," said Faimai Faye Ale, Pisu's sister.
It was noted in the Adelaide Now report that Pisu finished his secondary education at Ashcroft High School in Sydney in 2006. He was an amateur boxer and was also on his way to becoming a personal trainer.
Who could have shot and killed the 23-year-old man and injured two others in what should have been a joyous occasion?
Witnesses and anyone with information on the shooting are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate