Who Killed Faalau Pisu in Canley Vale Wedding Shooting?
By Arlene Paredes | November 5, 2012 1:41 PM EST
Amateur boxer Faalau Pisu has been named as one of the victims in a wedding reception shooting in Canley Vale past midnight Monday.
Pisu, 23, was killed from two gunshot wounds to the head, Adelaide Now reported. The shooting took place outside a function centre on Bareena Street, Canley Vale, Sydney around 12.20am.
Two other victims, both males, survived the shooting. Police authorities are still investigating. One of the victims was reportedly shot in the leg. The other sustained "minor wounds."
The Herald Sun reported authorities have yet to determine whether the shooting stemmed from an argument among guests, or if the shooting involved issues between bikie gangs.
A report by the Sydney Morning Herald indicated Pisu had "friends with links to the Comancheros," a motorcycle club based in Sydney.
Officers from Cabramatta Local Area Command are still investigating, but they are expected to release more information Monday noon.
Pisu was reportedly a cousin of the groom, who had his wedding reception outside the Serbian National Defence Council.
Speaking to ABC Radio, Pisu's sister said their family is "really hurt at the moment." She said her brother was "the best guy."
"He was a guy with a big heart and he loved each and every one of us, especially the children," said Faimai Faye Ale, Pisu's sister.
It was noted in the Adelaide Now report that Pisu finished his secondary education at Ashcroft High School in Sydney in 2006. He was an amateur boxer and was also on his way to becoming a personal trainer.
Who could have shot and killed the 23-year-old man and injured two others in what should have been a joyous occasion?
Witnesses and anyone with information on the shooting are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills