Samsung Sweden has confirmed that the company's first device featuring a large screen Galaxy Note will receive the Android Jelly Bean update sometime in Q4. But the Android Open Kang Project team has released Jelly Bean Milestone 1 custom ROM based on Android 4.1.2 for the international version of Samsung Galaxy Note by build number N7000. The Note can be updated to Android 4.1.2 with this ROM.
This is not the first time the team has released Jelly Bean custom firmware for Galaxy Note. Prior to this, several versions of AOKP Jelly Bean Builds have been released for the device. The Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean firmware brings a few new features including adjustable Navbar width for tablets.
Galaxy Note users who wish to update their device with Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM, may follow the below mentioned tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during installation of firmware.
1) Download USB Drivers for Galaxy Note and enable the USB Debugging Mode.
2) The battery of the Note should have more than 80 per cent of charge. Click here to see how check battery percentage.
3) Back up all your important data before proceeding since this tutorial might wipe everything.
4) Your device should be rooted and the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery should be installed.
5) The aforementioned AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, therefore do not try this ROM on any other variant.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 to your computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable. Copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer then turn it off
5) Place the device in Recovery Mode by turning on the phone while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery, perform a data wipe. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card'; select it using the power button
7) Press the power button once again and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
8) Navigate to the AOKP ROM zip file using the volume buttons which you have saved on the SD card of your phone. Select the zip file using the power button and confirm installation on the next screen
9) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the similar step once again to flash the Google Apps zip file
10) Upon completion of the installation process, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot system now.' The device will take about five minutes to reboot, so be patient
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean firmware is now installed on your Galaxy Note N7000. You can verify the software version by following this path, Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: