The Galaxy S2 I9100G can be now upgraded to Android
4.1.2 with Milestone 1 custom ROM.
Followed by the success of AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5, the Android Open Kang Project team has now released another custom ROM, Jelly Bean Milestone 1, which is based on Android 4.1.2.
Features of AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean
1) Adjustable Navbar width for tablets
2) Allow 'Vibration on Touch' behavior for Slide unlock
3) Toggles can be hidden like in ICS- long press on the Settings button
4) Clickable (short and long configurable) Clock and calendar in the Notification Slider
The Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S2 is the most anticipated update. The company has confirmed that the Jelly Bean update will be rolled out for the device sometime in November but failed to mention the exact release date for the roll-out. Due to developers' effort, the Galaxy S2 has many a times received several Jelly Bean custom ROMs. Now the AOKP team has also released Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware for international version of Galaxy S2 by model number I9100G.
The Galaxy S2 users looking to upgrade their devices with Milestone 1 Jelly Bean firmware, may follow the below mentioned guide. IBTImes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device while installation.
1) Download USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 and enable the USB Debugging mode.
2) Backup all your important data including APN Settings before proceeding.
3) The battery of the phone should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
4) Ensure that your device is rooted and that the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed.
5) This Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G, therefore check the model number of your device before proceeding.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100G
1) Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 I9100G to your computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug your phone to the computer using the USB cable and transfer both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone
4) Unplug the phone from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the phone into Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together
6) In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a complete data wipe. Now scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card, select it using the Power button
7) Once again press the Power button and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
8) Using the volume buttons navigate to Android 4.1.2 zip file which you have saved on the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation
9) Repeat the similar procedure to install the Google Apps zip file
10) Once the installation process is complete, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot system now.' The device will take about five minutes to boot
Congratulation your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G is now running on Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean firmware. You can verify the software version by heading to Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: