iOS 6.1 beta version can be jailbroken on A4 devices with latest version of RedSn0w.
Following the public release of iOS 6.0.1, Apple has released the first beta version of iOS 6.1. The beta version carries a build number of 10B5095f, versus 10A523 (10A525 for the iPhone 5) for the iOS 6.0.1. Unfortunately this iOS 6.1 version is not for everyone but available for developers only.
Apple reportedly point outs a number of changes and issues, and how developers can integrate company's new mapping service in their apps, improvement over how boarding passes are handled in Passbook and a few minor changes to Safari, reports Macrumour.
The registered developers can download the beta version of the firmware, iOS 6.1, from Apple's Developers page.
Now, good news for those developers who have downloaded iOS 6.1 beta is they can jailbreak their device using the latest version of RedSn0w. iPhone Dev Team has recently announced RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 which as claimed fixes the redSn0w 'error 2601' that Windows users were getting to see while using the Restore button. In addition the team notes the new version also fixes a related Windows iTunes error 14 for stitched files.
This jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak and compatible with only per-A5 devices running on iOS 6.1.
iPod Touch 4G
The users looking to jailbreak their devices running on iOS 6.1 beta, may follow the below mentioned guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This jailbreak only work with aforementioned pre-A5 devices, therefore do not try this method on any other devices. The users are advised to backup all their important data before proceeding. Ensure that the battery of the device is charged properly.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 6.1 Beta tethered with RedSn0w 0.9.15b3
1) Download iOS 6.1 and update your device to the same
2) Download RedSn0w v0.9.15b3 (link for Windows/for Mac OS X)
3) Connect your device to your computer. Now place it into DFU mode
4) Open RedSn0w (Windows user should right click the RedSn0w and click Run as administrator. Mac users hold Control button and click RedSn0w and then click Open.)
5) Now click Extras from there select IPSW then select the firmware for your device. It should successfully identify the 6.0 firmware
6) Return to the main page of RedSn0w and from there click Jailbreak. After it has finished loading, ensure install Cydia is checked and click Next
7) The jailbreak process will begin now which will take a few minutes to complete. After the process is finished, you should get to see the Lock Screen. Close out of RedSn0w
8) Once again place your device into DFU mode and reopen the RedSn0w. Navigate to Extras then select IPSW and again point to the 6.0 firmware
9) After it successfully identifies, click Just Boot. A tethered boot will be performed. Up on the completion of the action you will be back on your Lock screen. Unlock your device and now you should see Cydia on the second page of your Home screen
Congratulations! Your iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 4G has been jailbroken tethered running on the iOS 6.1 beta firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail: