Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android
4.1.2 Jelly Bean with AOKP Milestone 1 ROM Photo: XDA Developers
AOKP custom ROM has gradually evolved from its nascent beta builds to the most stable Milestone build over time. Galaxy Nexus I9250 is one of the lucky few smartphones to port the latest Jelly Bean update with the release of AOKP Milestone ROM for a spate of Samsung devices.
The latest AOKP update includes bug-fixes for all known bugs till date, besides feature enhancements to get the best possible Android experience on your device. The new Milestone 1 custom ROM is based on AOSP release of the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update.
AOKP Milestone 1 ROM Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Features
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow "Vibrate on Touch" behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS - long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
Key Points to Note
- The AOKP Milestone 1 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option. This feature helps connect your Android phone with the computer.
- The users are advised to backup apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the latest Jelly Bean firmware update on your Galaxy Nexus.
- Verify that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing this ROM, as it is a custom ROM release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install AOKP Milestone 1 Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 1 - Download AOKP Milestone 1 Based Jelly Bean and Google Apps for Galaxy Nexus on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB mass storage on your computer using an USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the AOKP ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Then Power off your phone and boot into Bootloader Mode.
Step 5 - Now, Power on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together. This will put the device into Bootloader Mode.
Step 6 - Follow the onscreen navigational instructions. Choose Bootloader and enter CWM Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - In CWM recovery, perform wipe data first. Then browse to the flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 8 - Tap the Power button again and click choose zip from SD card.
Step 9 - Now use the volume keys to navigate to the AOKP ROM zip file and select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now from the Recovery Menu. The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
AOKP Milestone 1 ROM Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: