Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. Google-LG Nexus 4: Is LG’s Smartphone Better than a Phablet?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 2, 2012 12:27 PM EST
Google just announced its new line of hardware today through a blog post, after an event in New York was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy.
One of the devices announced by the company is its latest Nexus smartphone courtesy of LG. The Google-LG Nexus 4 is rumored to be equipped with 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The upcoming Google-LG smartphone will run with Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie that will soon be unveiled by the search engine company.
Samsung also released the successor of one of its most successful smartphones - Galaxy Note 2. The device was introduced during the IFA Event in Berlin, Germany. It boasts some amazing features such as incredibly fast processor, massive screen display, S-Pen and 4G/LTE connectivity. Below are the comparison of the specs and features of the two devices.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a huge 5.5 inches Super AMOLED screen display. LG Nexus 4 is rumored to have a 4.7-inch True IPS display with 1280x768 pixel resolution.
Processor - Samsung's phablet has Exynos quad core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz. LG Nexus 4 will be powered by the new Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad core processor with 2GB of RAM.
Operating System - The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes with Android's latest Jelly Bean OS. Meanwhile, LG Nexus 4 is expected to be introduced with Android's new Key Lime Pie version, which is rumored to be unveiled on the same date.
Storage - Samsung's smartphone is available with 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of internal storage plus a microSD slot up to 64GB for expandable storage. Some tech websites claimed that the LG Nexus 4 will be released with 8GB storage option while others claimed that it will be equipped with 16GB of storage.
4G/LTE Connectivity - Both are capable to connect to the fastest connection or 4G connection.
Camera - Both devices are equipped with 8MP rear cameras.
Battery - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be powered by 3100 mAh against LG Nexus 4's 2100 mAh.
Both devices are expected to arrive later this year just in time for the holidays. LG Nexus 4 is announced to hit the market on November 13.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James