Katy Perry And Russell Brand Reportedly See Each Other For First Time Since Divorce At Lakers Game
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 2, 2012 4:46 AM EST
Katy Perry and Russell Brand both attended the first Lakers game of the season at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, in what was the first time they were spotted in public together since their split last December, but the former flames apparently only saw each other from afar.
The British comedian and “Firework” singer were seated on opposite ends of the court and did not appear to have any interactions with each other, reported E! News. Perry sat with her father, Keith Hudson, who was allegedly never a big fan of Brand even when he married to Perry due to Hudson’s religious background, while Brand was reportedly seated next to two teenage boys.
Perry’s parents, who are both evangelical Christian pastors, previously described their daughter’s divorce from Brand as a gift from God, according to the Daily Mail.
“I'm sure that Katy's trending on the Internet was to get you here to church tonight,” Perry’s mother, Mary Hudson, told an Ohio congregation. “I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012.”
"What has taken place in my daughter's life has opened many opportunities to go in and be with guarded and gated people,” added Keith, at the same event. “God has given us a platform to go in and meet people — and they like us because we are cool. We are not threatening.”
Before her ascent into pop superstardom Perry was raised as a devout Christian, and forbidden from watching television or listening to music that was not gospel.
Brand on the other hand was not rumored to be enthralled with his in-laws’ religion, and was said to frequently poke fun at their views. He recently spoke about the demise of his marriage to Perry in an interview on Australia’s “60 Minutes,” describing their relationship as essentially incompatible.
“Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it don’t, but if you sort of sense there’s an incompatibility, then in any relationship regardless of the status of the individual, it kind of is best to go separate ways,” said Brand.
“I think if you’re someone who’s really into mountain biking, it would be good to go out with someone else who’s into mountain biking, and if you’re really into Eastern mysticism, go out with someone else who into Eastern mysticism,” he explained, adding, “I think if you’re a devoted tennis professional and you get married to a crystal meth addict, you might have trouble… I’ve been in a lot of trouble.”
Brand’s last analogy may have been the most telling, as he has previously admitted to battling a heroin addiction and alcoholism but has currently said he’s sober and in recovery, while Perry has been painted in the tabloids as an avid partygoer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast