Jacqueline Williams Charged for Alleged Race Rant on London Train [VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | November 1, 2012 11:19 PM EST
British Transport Police have charged a woman who was filmed allegedly racially abusing fellow passengers on a train from Woolwich Arsenal to Abbey Wood in southeast London.
Police released CCTV images of the woman after a YouTube video showing the alleged tirade was uploaded.
Jacqueline Williams, 47, of Bexleyheath, has been charged with a racially aggravated public order offence and will appear at Bexley magistrates' court on 9 November.
The incident was said to have taken place on 30 October on a train in southeast London.
The woman was accused of shouting and swearing at passengers and telling them to go home, police said.
British Transport Police said it takes all allegations of racism seriously. Det Insp Jeremy Walley said: "We urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced