Lucasfilm and Disney Deal are Trending Topics -- Celebrities Shout-out, Too!
By Arlene Paredes | October 31, 2012 9:16 PM EST
On Twitter, Lucasfilm, #starwars and Disney are all trending topics among tweets coming in from down under. Not so long ago, everyone was tweeting about #Sandy in New York City. Apparently, Australians have much to say about the deal closed between George Lucas and Walt Disney.
Most tweets carry links to news sources, as if everyone's saying, "I'm in shock and can't react yet, but you have to read this." Many tweets point out how this possibility has gone under their radar for so long. And then there are jokes thrown here and there.
Angela RS tweets via @angelaindo, "Goofy says to jar2 binks, I am your father."
"I felt a giant disturbance in the force, as if a million tiny voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced," tweets Cherri Roden via @CherriRoden.
Josh Muller (@Josh_Muller85) joined the tweeters by saying, "I made an offer to buy Lucasfilm too. And THIS is how I find out they decided to go a different direction?!"
Ewan McGregor gives George Lucas a Twitter shout-out, Zachary Levi wants Han Solo role
"Star Wars" actor Ewan McGregor tweets, "Disney [has] bought Lucasfilm and [is] planning on releasing Star Wars ep 7 in 2015!! Congrats George and best of luck with whatever is next."
Actor Zachary Levi also shared his thoughts on Disney's upcoming take on "Star Wars." In a series of tweets, the actor said:
"For anyone worried about Disney's acquisition of LucasFilm: don't be. They've continually proved themselves to make great entertainment... The overall infrastructure of the company can and will make the the Star Wars (and more) experience fun, interactive, and immersive... The only concern I have is if I get to play young Han Solo. For realsies people. This is do or die for me. #Ishotfirst"
There is plenty of time before Disney would start production of its Star Wars version. Meantime, see the accompanying image shared by Kevin Smith to his Twitter and Facebook followers - Mickey Mouse on Star Wars mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date