Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Jelly Bean with VeinDroid ROM Photo: XDA Developers
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users are in for a double treat, as a flurry of stock ROMs and custom ROMs have embraced the Android device in recent times. The Note 2 users are in fact spoilt for choice, as the N7100 ports a capable UI, hardware and software with loads of exciting features onboard.
However, those seeking to explore beyond the stock features and UI can embrace the advanced customisation capabilities of the newest custom ROM for Jelly Bean - the VeinDroid ROM. Thanks to the XDA Developers member xator91 for developing and releasing the ROM, as it assures both fluidity and stability in one neat package.
Although the custom ROM is still in its early stages, there are apparently no bug reports by the developer yet.
Key Points to Note
- The VeinDroid ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Keep the phone's USB cable handy to connect your Android phone to the computer.
- Download the VeinDroid v1 ROM package from one of the links below:
- Download Link 1
- Download Link 2
- Verify that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the VeinDroid ROM based Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that you backup all the important data, apps and settings to avoid unexpected data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 2 device is rooted and ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery installed on it before proceeding with the VeinDroid ROM installation procedure.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the firmware update.
How to Install VeinDroid ROM Based Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Photo: XDA Developers
1. Copy the VeinDroid ROM Based Jelly Bean package to the root folder on your phone's internal SD card.
2. Power off your phone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. Now, press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together until the phone enters ClockworkMod Recovery.
NOTE: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To create a backup, click Backup and Restore and then hit Backup.
5. Tap Wipe data / Factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
6. Click Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on next screen.
7. Hit Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik cache. Finally, confirm the action on next screen.
8. Choose Install ZIP from SD Card.
9. Then click Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the VeinDroid v1 Galaxy Note 2.zip file that you copied to the phone. Select the file and confirm the action on next screen to begin the ROM installation.
10. Once the ROM is installed, hit Go back and choose Reboot System Now. Now, the phone will reboot to the newly installed VeinDroid ROM.
VeinDroid v1 ROM based Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail: