2012 LACMA Art & Film Gala: Robert Pattinson Shines as 'Man in Black'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 28, 2012 11:36 PM EST
Robert Pattinson was on top form and suited up as a man-in-black, on the purple carpet at the 2012 LACMA Art + Film Gala in Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old actor attended the event after a worldwide promotional tour for his new film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. He was also spotted at the Sayers Club for a Prince concert with Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson, voted by Glamour UK as the World's Sexiest Man for the fourth year in a row, spoke about the last Twilight film and his role as Edward Cullen to France's Star Club magazine.
"In the end, this role helped me improve my everyday life and my lifestyle. On the other hand, I lost what I cherished the most: my freedom. Some told me that it's the price for success. I'm sorry to disagree but I feel like it's a price too high to pay," he said, "It's strange, I felt like releasing a big 'phew' of relief [now filming is over] but at the same time I felt sad. For now, I know that I'm successful. Will it last? I have no idea, but if tomorrow I encounter movie failures, I won't cry about it."
The Twilight series is based on the best-selling novels of Stephenie Meyer and the final instalment of the film - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - is set for worldwide release on 16 November.
Meanwhile, the second annual event was co-chaired by Leonardo DiCaprio and Eva Chow, and sponsored by Gucci. Florence + The Machine provided a live performance as part of the Art + Film Gala's entertainment. At this year's gala, renowned local artist Ed Ruscha and filmmaker Stanley Kubrick were honoured and received a tribute from Steven Spielberg.
The leading ladies who brought glamour to the event included Cameron Diaz, Amy Adams, Evan Rachel Wood, Minka Kelly, Amber Heard and supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Salma Hayek was with her billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Jennifer Aniston arrived with fiancé Justin Theroux while new mother Drew Barrymore was all smiles, along with her husband, Will Kopelman.
Other A-listers who attended the star-studded event include Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Armie Hammer, Ty Burrell, Will Ferrell and Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James