2012 LACMA Art & Film Gala: Robert Pattinson Shines as 'Man in Black'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 28, 2012 11:36 PM EST
Robert Pattinson was on top form and suited up as a man-in-black, on the purple carpet at the 2012 LACMA Art + Film Gala in Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old actor attended the event after a worldwide promotional tour for his new film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. He was also spotted at the Sayers Club for a Prince concert with Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson, voted by Glamour UK as the World's Sexiest Man for the fourth year in a row, spoke about the last Twilight film and his role as Edward Cullen to France's Star Club magazine.
"In the end, this role helped me improve my everyday life and my lifestyle. On the other hand, I lost what I cherished the most: my freedom. Some told me that it's the price for success. I'm sorry to disagree but I feel like it's a price too high to pay," he said, "It's strange, I felt like releasing a big 'phew' of relief [now filming is over] but at the same time I felt sad. For now, I know that I'm successful. Will it last? I have no idea, but if tomorrow I encounter movie failures, I won't cry about it."
The Twilight series is based on the best-selling novels of Stephenie Meyer and the final instalment of the film - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - is set for worldwide release on 16 November.
Meanwhile, the second annual event was co-chaired by Leonardo DiCaprio and Eva Chow, and sponsored by Gucci. Florence + The Machine provided a live performance as part of the Art + Film Gala's entertainment. At this year's gala, renowned local artist Ed Ruscha and filmmaker Stanley Kubrick were honoured and received a tribute from Steven Spielberg.
The leading ladies who brought glamour to the event included Cameron Diaz, Amy Adams, Evan Rachel Wood, Minka Kelly, Amber Heard and supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Salma Hayek was with her billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Jennifer Aniston arrived with fiancé Justin Theroux while new mother Drew Barrymore was all smiles, along with her husband, Will Kopelman.
Other A-listers who attended the star-studded event include Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Armie Hammer, Ty Burrell, Will Ferrell and Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch