2012 LACMA Art & Film Gala: Robert Pattinson Shines as 'Man in Black'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 28, 2012 11:36 PM EST
Robert Pattinson was on top form and suited up as a man-in-black, on the purple carpet at the 2012 LACMA Art + Film Gala in Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old actor attended the event after a worldwide promotional tour for his new film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. He was also spotted at the Sayers Club for a Prince concert with Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson, voted by Glamour UK as the World's Sexiest Man for the fourth year in a row, spoke about the last Twilight film and his role as Edward Cullen to France's Star Club magazine.
"In the end, this role helped me improve my everyday life and my lifestyle. On the other hand, I lost what I cherished the most: my freedom. Some told me that it's the price for success. I'm sorry to disagree but I feel like it's a price too high to pay," he said, "It's strange, I felt like releasing a big 'phew' of relief [now filming is over] but at the same time I felt sad. For now, I know that I'm successful. Will it last? I have no idea, but if tomorrow I encounter movie failures, I won't cry about it."
The Twilight series is based on the best-selling novels of Stephenie Meyer and the final instalment of the film - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - is set for worldwide release on 16 November.
Meanwhile, the second annual event was co-chaired by Leonardo DiCaprio and Eva Chow, and sponsored by Gucci. Florence + The Machine provided a live performance as part of the Art + Film Gala's entertainment. At this year's gala, renowned local artist Ed Ruscha and filmmaker Stanley Kubrick were honoured and received a tribute from Steven Spielberg.
The leading ladies who brought glamour to the event included Cameron Diaz, Amy Adams, Evan Rachel Wood, Minka Kelly, Amber Heard and supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Salma Hayek was with her billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Jennifer Aniston arrived with fiancé Justin Theroux while new mother Drew Barrymore was all smiles, along with her husband, Will Kopelman.
Other A-listers who attended the star-studded event include Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Armie Hammer, Ty Burrell, Will Ferrell and Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date