2012 LACMA Art & Film Gala: Robert Pattinson Shines as 'Man in Black'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 28, 2012 11:36 PM EST
Robert Pattinson was on top form and suited up as a man-in-black, on the purple carpet at the 2012 LACMA Art + Film Gala in Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old actor attended the event after a worldwide promotional tour for his new film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. He was also spotted at the Sayers Club for a Prince concert with Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson, voted by Glamour UK as the World's Sexiest Man for the fourth year in a row, spoke about the last Twilight film and his role as Edward Cullen to France's Star Club magazine.
"In the end, this role helped me improve my everyday life and my lifestyle. On the other hand, I lost what I cherished the most: my freedom. Some told me that it's the price for success. I'm sorry to disagree but I feel like it's a price too high to pay," he said, "It's strange, I felt like releasing a big 'phew' of relief [now filming is over] but at the same time I felt sad. For now, I know that I'm successful. Will it last? I have no idea, but if tomorrow I encounter movie failures, I won't cry about it."
The Twilight series is based on the best-selling novels of Stephenie Meyer and the final instalment of the film - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - is set for worldwide release on 16 November.
Meanwhile, the second annual event was co-chaired by Leonardo DiCaprio and Eva Chow, and sponsored by Gucci. Florence + The Machine provided a live performance as part of the Art + Film Gala's entertainment. At this year's gala, renowned local artist Ed Ruscha and filmmaker Stanley Kubrick were honoured and received a tribute from Steven Spielberg.
The leading ladies who brought glamour to the event included Cameron Diaz, Amy Adams, Evan Rachel Wood, Minka Kelly, Amber Heard and supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Salma Hayek was with her billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Jennifer Aniston arrived with fiancé Justin Theroux while new mother Drew Barrymore was all smiles, along with her husband, Will Kopelman.
Other A-listers who attended the star-studded event include Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Armie Hammer, Ty Burrell, Will Ferrell and Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage