Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 users can now update their smartphone with an all new firmware known as Revolution Light v1 that will allow them to taste Jelly Bean. This custom ROM features a Jelly Bean-like status bar, signal tweaks, battery tweaks, Nexus style bootanimation, ICS like Home Preview, Samsung Galaxy S3 icons, long lasting battery life, task killer tweaks, battery extender kernel for battery enhancement, smooth user interface, better performance, speed and stability.
- Ensure device has at least 40 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging
- The method below will wipe away all the data in your Galaxy Ace. Ensure all the important data is backed up
IBTimes UK warns readers to proceed at their own risk. We will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device.
To install Revolution Light custom ROM firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Download the Revolution custom ROM firmware package to your computer. After downloading the firmware connect the device to the computer via USB cable and copy it to the device's internal SD card
- Unplug the device from computer and then download the ROM Manager app. Launch the app and choose the option of Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to flash the custom recovery image file. Now, choose Reboot in Recovery Mode in order to enter the device in recovery mode
- After booting, choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card and then choose the Revolution Light custom ROM firmware
- Once the file is selected, it may take around five minutes for applying the update. Now, select Go Back and reboot system now to reboot the device in normal mode.
Note: If the device will not power up or gets stuck in the boot loop mode, then you have to re-insert the battery and follow the above steps once again.
You have successfully installed Revolution Light custom ROM firmware on your Galaxy Ace S5830.
[Source: Android Advices]
To contact the editor, e-mail: