Everton welcome Liverpool to Goodison Park on Sunday for what is expected to be another exciting Merseyside derby.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports HD 1 and Sky Sports 3D.
Everton currently sit fourth in the Premier League table, with 15 points from eight matches, after making an uncharacteristically strong start to season. The Toffees have been in fine form since the campaign kicked off and go into this game as favourites.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have not started the season the way they wanted and are now languishing at the wrong side of the league table (12th). Brendan Rodgers' men have collected just two wins so far and have managed only nine points from their eight games.
Everton finished higher than Liverpool last season but lost all three derbies to the Reds, including an FA Cup semi-final. Toffees manager David Moyes has won just four of his 23 Merseyside derbies, while Rodgers hopes to be the first newly appointed Liverpool manager since 1994 to win his first derby.
The game is the 219th Merseyside derby, making it the most played fixture in English football history. And it seems certain to be another fiery encounter as the fixture has seen more red cards (20) than any other since the inception of the Premier League.
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): W W D L W
- Last result: Liverpool 1 - 0 Anzhi Makhachkala
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): D D W L W
- Last result: QPR 1 - 1 Everton
Everton: Steven Pienaar will miss the game due to a one-match ban following his red card against QPR last week, while fellow midfielder Darron Gibson remains sidelined. Marouane Fellaini and wing-back Tony Hibbert will have late fitness tests, but both are expected to start the game.
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury concerns other than long-term absentees Lucas Leiva, Fabio Borini and Martin Kelly. Pepe Reina missed the Reds' last two games with a hamstring injury but the Spaniard has now returned to training and should be fit to start the derby.
Possible Starting Line-ups
Everton (4-4-1-1): Howard; Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines; Naismith, Neville, Osman, Mirallas; Fellaini; Jelavic
Liverpool (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Suso, Suarez, Sterling
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Omar Borkan Al Gala: Facebook Page Recovered, “Too Handsome” Guy “Too Hot” He Could Reach Staggering One Million (1M) Followers in Days!
- Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart: Twilight Lovers To Bring Back Love at 2013 Cannes Festival [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy: Other Celebrities Who Also Went Through the Surgical Procedure [PHOTOS]
- IN PHOTOS! A Picture of Sadness in Kristen Stewart as Robert Pattinson Celebrates 27th Birthday ALONE? [SLIDESHOW]