Morning Copper Market Report 10/26
October 27, 2012 1:22 AM EST
With copper prices remaining weak yesterday in the face of a positive Chinese factory output result, many traders are not surprised to see copper prices reach a fresh new low for the move in the face of a global slump in equities. A "risk-off" vibe during overnight trading has added to the weight already on copper prices, and the Chinese government change is expected to hang over the market for at least another week.
Copper may have found some support from news that Shanghai copper stocks on the week posted a decline of 3,949 tons, and now stand at only 192,761 tons. News of a daily LME copper stocks build of 1,100 tons might have had some negative impact on copper prices, however, as global economic slowing is being feared throughout many physical commodity markets.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon November 26, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 26, 2014
- Experts Say Rio Tinto-Glencore Merger Is Inevitable; Iron Ore Price Drops Below $70
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]