Morning Copper Market Report 10/26
October 27, 2012 1:22 AM EST
With copper prices remaining weak yesterday in the face of a positive Chinese factory output result, many traders are not surprised to see copper prices reach a fresh new low for the move in the face of a global slump in equities. A "risk-off" vibe during overnight trading has added to the weight already on copper prices, and the Chinese government change is expected to hang over the market for at least another week.
Copper may have found some support from news that Shanghai copper stocks on the week posted a decline of 3,949 tons, and now stand at only 192,761 tons. News of a daily LME copper stocks build of 1,100 tons might have had some negative impact on copper prices, however, as global economic slowing is being feared throughout many physical commodity markets.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced