Morning Copper Market Report 10/26
October 27, 2012 1:22 AM EST
With copper prices remaining weak yesterday in the face of a positive Chinese factory output result, many traders are not surprised to see copper prices reach a fresh new low for the move in the face of a global slump in equities. A "risk-off" vibe during overnight trading has added to the weight already on copper prices, and the Chinese government change is expected to hang over the market for at least another week.
Copper may have found some support from news that Shanghai copper stocks on the week posted a decline of 3,949 tons, and now stand at only 192,761 tons. News of a daily LME copper stocks build of 1,100 tons might have had some negative impact on copper prices, however, as global economic slowing is being feared throughout many physical commodity markets.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions