Sony Xperia TL, dubbed a "James Bond phone" in Sony's marketing strategy, will be available via AT & T beginning Nov. 2 for $99.99 with a two-year agreement.
The Sony Xperia TL will be seen in the upcoming 007 film, "Skyfall."Early buyers will enjoy behind the scenes clips of Skyfall, as well as Bond-themed ringtones, wallpapers and other content.
Specs and Features of Xperia TL
Straight from the company's press release, here are the specs and features of Sony's latest camera phone. Photo enthusiasts will enjoy its "13MP quick launch-fast capture camera that goes from sleep to snap in just over a second."
- 4.6" HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- 13MP quick launch-fast capture camera that goes from sleep to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- Easy connectivity with 'One-touch' function enabled by NFC
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery efficiency and fast graphics performance
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Upgradable to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch.
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- Available in Black
Sony Xperia TL vs iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S III
Sony Xperia TL is meant for phone users whose primary requirements from their smartphones are great photo capture capabilities and great audio quality.
As for the screen size, users may find a more comfortable viewing space with Sony Xperia TL's 4.6-inch screen. iPhone 5 has a 4-inch screen size (some say it is rather small), while Samsung Galaxy S III sports a 4.8-inch screen (some say it is too big).
Sony Xperia TL packs a weight of 138g. In contrast, the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III weigh 112g and 133g, respectively.
However, when it comes to a smooth run of operations, Sony Xperia TL cannot compete with its Ice Cream Sandwich. Sony understands this, that is why buyers can upgrade to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) soon enough.
Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Galaxy S III: Phablet or Smartphone - Why Go for Bigger?
Best Smartphone Holiday Buy in Australia: iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 920, or Samsung Galaxy S3?
To contact the editor, e-mail: