ACC Preview: Clemson vs Wake Forest: Where to Watch Online
October 26, 2012 7:26 AM EST
Seeking their fourth straight win, the No. 14 Clemson Tigers hit the road to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Groves Stadium.
The Tigers are in pursuit of their second straight Atlantic Coast Conference title and currently share the lead with No. 11 Florida State, who gave Clemson their only loss of the season.
Clemson running back Andre Ellington’s 96 yards and touchdown, along with four turnovers forced by the Tigers' defense led them to a 38-17 victory over Virginia Tech last week.
Quarterback Tajh Boyd threw for 160 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but it was the Clemson defense that starred, holding the Hokies to 295 total yards, and Jonathan Meeks brought an interception back 74 yards in the second quarter. Clemson had failed to hold an opponent below 31 points since their 41-7 drubbing of Furman on Sept. 15.
It was Boyd’s lowest passing total of the season, and the first time he threw less than two touchdowns since Clemson’s season opening win against Auburn.
Wake Forest’s defense also turned out an excellent performance of its own last week.
The 4-3 Demon Deacons snapped a two-game losing streak with a 16-10 win over Virginia last, stuffing the Cavaliers for 48 yards rushing and creating three turnovers.
Running back Josh Harris ran for 55 yards and Wake Forest’s only touchdown, and kicker Chad Hedlund knocked in three field goals, including a 44 yarder in the third quarter.
The Demon Deacons struggled mightily on third down, however, going 1-for-15, and will have to improve on that conversion rate against Clemson, who have won five of the last six meetings between the teams.
Prediction: If both teams duplicate their defensive performances from last week, this game may be very low scoring. But if Ellington has another big game, and Boyd returns to form, Clemson should walk away with a huge ACC road win.
Betting Odds: Clemson is favored by 14 points
Over/Under: 60 points
Predicted Score: Clemson 36, Wake Forest 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date