ACC Preview: Clemson vs Wake Forest: Where to Watch Online
October 26, 2012 7:26 AM EST
Seeking their fourth straight win, the No. 14 Clemson Tigers hit the road to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Groves Stadium.
The Tigers are in pursuit of their second straight Atlantic Coast Conference title and currently share the lead with No. 11 Florida State, who gave Clemson their only loss of the season.
Clemson running back Andre Ellington’s 96 yards and touchdown, along with four turnovers forced by the Tigers' defense led them to a 38-17 victory over Virginia Tech last week.
Quarterback Tajh Boyd threw for 160 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but it was the Clemson defense that starred, holding the Hokies to 295 total yards, and Jonathan Meeks brought an interception back 74 yards in the second quarter. Clemson had failed to hold an opponent below 31 points since their 41-7 drubbing of Furman on Sept. 15.
It was Boyd’s lowest passing total of the season, and the first time he threw less than two touchdowns since Clemson’s season opening win against Auburn.
Wake Forest’s defense also turned out an excellent performance of its own last week.
The 4-3 Demon Deacons snapped a two-game losing streak with a 16-10 win over Virginia last, stuffing the Cavaliers for 48 yards rushing and creating three turnovers.
Running back Josh Harris ran for 55 yards and Wake Forest’s only touchdown, and kicker Chad Hedlund knocked in three field goals, including a 44 yarder in the third quarter.
The Demon Deacons struggled mightily on third down, however, going 1-for-15, and will have to improve on that conversion rate against Clemson, who have won five of the last six meetings between the teams.
Prediction: If both teams duplicate their defensive performances from last week, this game may be very low scoring. But if Ellington has another big game, and Boyd returns to form, Clemson should walk away with a huge ACC road win.
Betting Odds: Clemson is favored by 14 points
Over/Under: 60 points
Predicted Score: Clemson 36, Wake Forest 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]