ACC Preview: Clemson vs Wake Forest: Where to Watch Online
October 26, 2012 7:26 AM EST
Seeking their fourth straight win, the No. 14 Clemson Tigers hit the road to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Groves Stadium.
The Tigers are in pursuit of their second straight Atlantic Coast Conference title and currently share the lead with No. 11 Florida State, who gave Clemson their only loss of the season.
Clemson running back Andre Ellington’s 96 yards and touchdown, along with four turnovers forced by the Tigers' defense led them to a 38-17 victory over Virginia Tech last week.
Quarterback Tajh Boyd threw for 160 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but it was the Clemson defense that starred, holding the Hokies to 295 total yards, and Jonathan Meeks brought an interception back 74 yards in the second quarter. Clemson had failed to hold an opponent below 31 points since their 41-7 drubbing of Furman on Sept. 15.
It was Boyd’s lowest passing total of the season, and the first time he threw less than two touchdowns since Clemson’s season opening win against Auburn.
Wake Forest’s defense also turned out an excellent performance of its own last week.
The 4-3 Demon Deacons snapped a two-game losing streak with a 16-10 win over Virginia last, stuffing the Cavaliers for 48 yards rushing and creating three turnovers.
Running back Josh Harris ran for 55 yards and Wake Forest’s only touchdown, and kicker Chad Hedlund knocked in three field goals, including a 44 yarder in the third quarter.
The Demon Deacons struggled mightily on third down, however, going 1-for-15, and will have to improve on that conversion rate against Clemson, who have won five of the last six meetings between the teams.
Prediction: If both teams duplicate their defensive performances from last week, this game may be very low scoring. But if Ellington has another big game, and Boyd returns to form, Clemson should walk away with a huge ACC road win.
Betting Odds: Clemson is favored by 14 points
Over/Under: 60 points
Predicted Score: Clemson 36, Wake Forest 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown