Morning Copper Market Report 10/25
October 26, 2012 1:40 AM EST
At least in the early trading action today, some traders feel that December copper has not benefited as much from the "risk-on" vibe as the rest of the precious metals markets. Surprisingly, favorable Chinese economic data hasn't given copper prices much of a definitive boost during the overnight session. Other traders have suggested that uncertainty ahead of the government change over in China on November 8th may be holding back copper prices as well.
In addition, residual Euro zone fears may also be partly behind the pattern of copper price weakness during the last month. Copper may also have been weakened by the market's reaction to the FOMC post-meeting statement yesterday, as the Fed didn't appear to be poised to offer up any fresh support for the US economy. Copper might have been pressured by news of a rise in copper production from Anglo-American in their 3rd quarter results.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People