Morning Copper Market Report 10/25
October 26, 2012 1:40 AM EST
At least in the early trading action today, some traders feel that December copper has not benefited as much from the "risk-on" vibe as the rest of the precious metals markets. Surprisingly, favorable Chinese economic data hasn't given copper prices much of a definitive boost during the overnight session. Other traders have suggested that uncertainty ahead of the government change over in China on November 8th may be holding back copper prices as well.
In addition, residual Euro zone fears may also be partly behind the pattern of copper price weakness during the last month. Copper may also have been weakened by the market's reaction to the FOMC post-meeting statement yesterday, as the Fed didn't appear to be poised to offer up any fresh support for the US economy. Copper might have been pressured by news of a rise in copper production from Anglo-American in their 3rd quarter results.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’