Morning Copper Market Report 10/25
October 26, 2012 1:40 AM EST
At least in the early trading action today, some traders feel that December copper has not benefited as much from the "risk-on" vibe as the rest of the precious metals markets. Surprisingly, favorable Chinese economic data hasn't given copper prices much of a definitive boost during the overnight session. Other traders have suggested that uncertainty ahead of the government change over in China on November 8th may be holding back copper prices as well.
In addition, residual Euro zone fears may also be partly behind the pattern of copper price weakness during the last month. Copper may also have been weakened by the market's reaction to the FOMC post-meeting statement yesterday, as the Fed didn't appear to be poised to offer up any fresh support for the US economy. Copper might have been pressured by news of a rise in copper production from Anglo-American in their 3rd quarter results.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Copyright CME Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display