The monthly data from the Central Statistical Office show that prices rose 0.9% in September. This follows a 0.5% rise in August and a 0.2% rise in July.
The annual rate of decline is also falling and was 9.6% last month compared with 11.8% in August and a decline of 14.3% recorded in the twelve months to September 2011.
Dublin is leading the price recovery. Prices in the city rose by 2.4% in September and were 9.8% lower than a year ago. Dublin house prices increased by 2.6% in the month but were 10.6% lower compared to a year earlier while apartment prices were 8.8% lower when compared with the same month of 2011.
The price of residential properties in the rest of Ireland fell by 0.1% in September compared with a decline of 1% in September last year. Prices were 9.9% lower than in September 2011. It means that house prices in Dublin are 55% lower than at their highest level in early 2007 and apartments in Dublin are 63% lower than they were in February 2007.
Overall residential property prices in Dublin are 56% lower than at their highest level in February 2007.
The fall in the price of residential properties in the rest of Ireland is somewhat lower at 46%. Overall, the national index is 50% lower than its highest level in 2007.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 'Game of Thrones'-like Film, 'The Queen of the Tearling,' Casts Emma Watson as Lead Star and Exec Producer [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian Baby Girl: Suggested Ways Kanye West’s New Born Can Earn Money to Keep Up with the Kardashians [PHOTOS]
- Asus Transformer Infinity Pad, Sony Vaio Duo, Toshiba Satellite, A Look at Intel's Haswell 4th Generation Ultrabooks and Notebooks [Photos]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Casting: Selena Gomez Open to Nude Role, Ready for Anastasia Steele? [PHOTOS]
- Rate this Story
- The Four Times NSA Surveillance Programs Stopped An Attack
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Stunning at Royal Ascot Meeting [PHOTOS]
- PS4: Gamers Strongly Prefer PS4 To Xbox One, According To Amazon Poll [PHOTO]
- Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Release Date on November Due to Galaxy S4 Sales?
- PS4 Pre-Orders Outnumber Xbox 2 To 1 At GameStop, According To Report
- Sony PS4 Release Date: Gaming Console Releasing on 31 December?
- Apple iPhone 6: New Concept Design Shows How iOS 7 Will Appear On A 4.3-Inch Edge-To-Edge Display [PHOTOS]
- Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 & Galaxy Note 2 Confirmed on 3rd Quarter 2013 with Galaxy S4 Features
- Latest Chinese Food Scandal: Preserved Eggs Processed With Toxic Chemical
- iPad 5 Release Date This Month; iPad Mini 2 Launch in August?
- iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Build Updates: Sapphire-Coated Home Button Possible on Release Date but Apple already Nixed Sapphire Crystal Screen
- Google Urges Australian Companies to Have a “Chill Out” Work Environment
- Ian Somerhalder Gets Over Nina Dobrev with Malese Jow? 'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Professed Her Love for the Actor on Twitter
- Nokia to Launch Quad-Core Smartphone Soon: Report
- ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 Android tablet is the New Google Nexus? Specs and What to Expect
- 2 Confirmed Killer Features for iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date: Huge Battery & Instagram-Like Camera Features
- iPhone 6 Killer Features: Apple Smartphone to Pack iRadio, In-Car Integration and Other High Tech Capabilities
- Android Flagship Moto X Flashes Non-Nexus Specs in Leaked Details: No Key Lime Pie & No Top-Notch CPU, Camera Hardwares
- Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS7 Future Dim, Evad3rs Considering Android Switch or iOS6 Stay; Find Out Why [TWEETS]
- Samsung’s June 20 Event is No Unpacked Episode 2: Galaxy Note 3 Release Date to Come Later
- Cheaper iPad Mini is the Wave of the Future for Global Tablet Market – Report