Halloween 2012: Top 10 Action Movie Heroes And Villians To Dress As This Halloween Season
By Amethyst Tate | October 25, 2012 4:19 AM EST
There is no doubt that movie-themed costumes are some of the most popular every Halloween. From action heroes to super-powerful heroines, 2012 films such as the 'The Avengers' have provided numerous ideas for movie costumes that are sure to be a hit. Check out our top 10 movie theme costume ideas, which also include favorites such as the 1997 James Bond film 'Tomorrow Never Dies' and the iconic 1995 comedy 'Clueless.'
Skyfall (2012): James Bond is sure to be one of the most popular costumes for men this Halloween, with Skyfall being released the first week of November. Style like James Bond on the 31st by wearing a tailored black suit with a nice fitted white dress shirt and of course a black bow tie.
The Dark Knight (2012): Bane may have tied with Batman as the coolest character in ‘The Dark Knight’ due to his unique face mask and voice. Be arch villain Bane for Halloween by wearing a Bane-style mask that covers most of your face, leather pants, a distressed brown sheepskin coat, and a black long-sleeve shirt with green armor over it.
The Avengers (2012): Who would not want to be one of the greatest spies in the world, all while dressed up in a hot bodysuit? Black Widow is one of the baddest super heroines there are with her martial arts skills and specialized weapons. Achieve the look by wearing a black leather-like bodysuit with a zipper in the front, knee-length black boots, and red hair.
The Avengers (2012): Captain America was the very first Avenger, after being given Super-Soldier Serum that gave him the perfect human body. He knows hand-to-hand combat and gymnastics after taking part in the top-secret performance-enhancing experiment Operation Rebirth. Be superhuman for the day by wearing a Captain America red, white and blue bodysuit and a disc-shaped shield.
Sparkle (2012): Whitney Houston fans may want to don Sparkle's racy red dress, which she wears in the final scene of the last movie Houston starred in before she passed. Get the look by wearing a plunging floor-length, sparkling red dress, large cubic zarconia post earrings, and your hair pulled back in a curly ponytail.
Miami Vice (2006): While Miami Vice was a famous TV series during the mid-to-late 80s, a film of the series was released in 2006. It was based on undercover vice detectives who posed as drug dealers and had an incredible sense of fashion. Become a Miami Vice detective this Halloween by wearing slicked back hair, a white suit with a blue or pink shirt underneath, white loafers (with no socks) and Ray Ban sunglasses.
Goldmember (2002): Instead of just trying to be Beyonce for Halloween, why not dress as Foxxy Cleopatra, the character Beyonce played in the 2002 Austin Powers film 'Goldmember?' Cleopatra was Power’s sexy sidekick and she was “a whole lot of woman.” Rock the look by wearing a blond afro, a midriff revealing top, a belt with the word ‘FOXXY’ and bell bottoms.
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997): Wai Lin was one of the most popular iconic agents in all of the James Bond films. Portraying a Chinese agent, Michelle Yeoh was extremely lethal. Dress as Lin for Halloween but wearing all black and a fake MP5A3 submachine gun.
Scream (1996): Slasher film 'Scream' has become iconic, based on a killer known as Ghostface who kills off teenagers one by one. Become Ghostface by wearing a rubber white mask with black eyes, a nose and an exaggerated mouth expression. Also crucial to the look is an all-black hooded-robe and a fake hunting knife.
Clueless (1995): 'Clueless' is an iconic film that is the ultimate guide for women’s fashion. Dionne Davenport, played by Stacey Dash, was not only Cher’s best friend, she was also extremely attractive and have a great sense of style. Attain this looks with a big hat, black box braids, a plaid blazer and mini skirt. You cannot forget the nose ring, and remember to say “Ouch” whenever you sneeze, like Dionne always did.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report