Halloween 2012: Top 10 Action Movie Heroes And Villians To Dress As This Halloween Season
By Amethyst Tate | October 25, 2012 4:19 AM EST
There is no doubt that movie-themed costumes are some of the most popular every Halloween. From action heroes to super-powerful heroines, 2012 films such as the 'The Avengers' have provided numerous ideas for movie costumes that are sure to be a hit. Check out our top 10 movie theme costume ideas, which also include favorites such as the 1997 James Bond film 'Tomorrow Never Dies' and the iconic 1995 comedy 'Clueless.'
Skyfall (2012): James Bond is sure to be one of the most popular costumes for men this Halloween, with Skyfall being released the first week of November. Style like James Bond on the 31st by wearing a tailored black suit with a nice fitted white dress shirt and of course a black bow tie.
The Dark Knight (2012): Bane may have tied with Batman as the coolest character in ‘The Dark Knight’ due to his unique face mask and voice. Be arch villain Bane for Halloween by wearing a Bane-style mask that covers most of your face, leather pants, a distressed brown sheepskin coat, and a black long-sleeve shirt with green armor over it.
The Avengers (2012): Who would not want to be one of the greatest spies in the world, all while dressed up in a hot bodysuit? Black Widow is one of the baddest super heroines there are with her martial arts skills and specialized weapons. Achieve the look by wearing a black leather-like bodysuit with a zipper in the front, knee-length black boots, and red hair.
The Avengers (2012): Captain America was the very first Avenger, after being given Super-Soldier Serum that gave him the perfect human body. He knows hand-to-hand combat and gymnastics after taking part in the top-secret performance-enhancing experiment Operation Rebirth. Be superhuman for the day by wearing a Captain America red, white and blue bodysuit and a disc-shaped shield.
Sparkle (2012): Whitney Houston fans may want to don Sparkle's racy red dress, which she wears in the final scene of the last movie Houston starred in before she passed. Get the look by wearing a plunging floor-length, sparkling red dress, large cubic zarconia post earrings, and your hair pulled back in a curly ponytail.
Miami Vice (2006): While Miami Vice was a famous TV series during the mid-to-late 80s, a film of the series was released in 2006. It was based on undercover vice detectives who posed as drug dealers and had an incredible sense of fashion. Become a Miami Vice detective this Halloween by wearing slicked back hair, a white suit with a blue or pink shirt underneath, white loafers (with no socks) and Ray Ban sunglasses.
Goldmember (2002): Instead of just trying to be Beyonce for Halloween, why not dress as Foxxy Cleopatra, the character Beyonce played in the 2002 Austin Powers film 'Goldmember?' Cleopatra was Power’s sexy sidekick and she was “a whole lot of woman.” Rock the look by wearing a blond afro, a midriff revealing top, a belt with the word ‘FOXXY’ and bell bottoms.
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997): Wai Lin was one of the most popular iconic agents in all of the James Bond films. Portraying a Chinese agent, Michelle Yeoh was extremely lethal. Dress as Lin for Halloween but wearing all black and a fake MP5A3 submachine gun.
Scream (1996): Slasher film 'Scream' has become iconic, based on a killer known as Ghostface who kills off teenagers one by one. Become Ghostface by wearing a rubber white mask with black eyes, a nose and an exaggerated mouth expression. Also crucial to the look is an all-black hooded-robe and a fake hunting knife.
Clueless (1995): 'Clueless' is an iconic film that is the ultimate guide for women’s fashion. Dionne Davenport, played by Stacey Dash, was not only Cher’s best friend, she was also extremely attractive and have a great sense of style. Attain this looks with a big hat, black box braids, a plaid blazer and mini skirt. You cannot forget the nose ring, and remember to say “Ouch” whenever you sneeze, like Dionne always did.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4