Woods: Rory Battles Will Be Fun
By Golf 365 | October 24, 2012 3:08 PM EST
Although the duo were kept apart during the singles at the Ryder Cup, they still saw plenty of each other at Medinah while they also went head-to-head in the exhibition World Golf Final in Turkey not long after.
While McIlroy and Europe came out tops at the Ryder Cup following their remarkable comeback from 10-6 down, Woods got one over the world number one in Turkey as he beat him by six strokes.
Woods, though, is looking forward to their next battle, an 18-hole medal match at Jinsha Lake in Zhengzhou on October 29.
"We've all seen how talented Rory is," said the 14-time major winner.
"It'll be fun to battle him for the next decade or so and hopefully we'll have many battles to come."
He added: "It's going to be a lot of fun going head to head with Rory. I enjoy head-to-head events so it's great to do this in China.
"China is a growing market and what they've done in golf over the past decade or so is incredible.
"China is young in golf terms but rising fast, especially with the sport joining the Olympics."
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced