Woods: Rory Battles Will Be Fun
By Golf 365 | October 24, 2012 3:08 PM EST
Although the duo were kept apart during the singles at the Ryder Cup, they still saw plenty of each other at Medinah while they also went head-to-head in the exhibition World Golf Final in Turkey not long after.
While McIlroy and Europe came out tops at the Ryder Cup following their remarkable comeback from 10-6 down, Woods got one over the world number one in Turkey as he beat him by six strokes.
Woods, though, is looking forward to their next battle, an 18-hole medal match at Jinsha Lake in Zhengzhou on October 29.
"We've all seen how talented Rory is," said the 14-time major winner.
"It'll be fun to battle him for the next decade or so and hopefully we'll have many battles to come."
He added: "It's going to be a lot of fun going head to head with Rory. I enjoy head-to-head events so it's great to do this in China.
"China is a growing market and what they've done in golf over the past decade or so is incredible.
"China is young in golf terms but rising fast, especially with the sport joining the Olympics."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2