The Samsung Galaxy Ace gets the latest firmware XWKTQ Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread). The firmware can be installed via Samsung Kies or through manual installation of Odin flashing tool.
Have a look at the procedure below to install the Android 2.3.6 XWKTQ firmware on your Galaxy Ace. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device.
To do list:
- Ensure that you have installed the USB drivers for your Galaxy Ace S5830
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and enable the USB debugging
- Check whether your phone's battery has a charge of at least 30 per cent
- Back up all your data
- Disable all security suites during the installation to avoid the interruption during the firmware update process
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked
Points to Remember:
- The firmware and guide below are compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Do not try this on any other device
- This is an official firmware update, which means on installing the update your device will lose root
- Download Odin + OPS and XWKTQ Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware package to your PC. Extract both the files and open Odin in your PC
- Turn off the phone and enter download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume Down + OK buttons and then press the power key.
- Once the device will boot in download mode, connect your device to the PC using USB cable. You will see that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow which indicates that the drivers have been successfully installed
- Click on OPS tab to choose Cooper_v1.0.ops and select One package option. Next, choose the file S5830XWKTQ_S5830XWKT8_S5830FRELT2_HOME.tar.md5 by clicking on One Package tab. After choosing the files, click on start button to start the update process.
- Once the firmware is applied, the device will reboot automatically
Your Samsung Galaxy Ace should now be running Android 2.3.6 build XWKTQ software.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
To contact the editor, e-mail: