Codec ROM, one of the richest custom ROMs which is feature-packed, arrives on the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3. The ROM is based on the official Android 4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware update. It is said to bring features of the stock Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Users looking to install XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM on your Galaxy S3 can have a look at the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds users that it will not be held responsible for any consequences.
The ROM brings a collection of features such as extended power menu, disabled scrolling cache, CWM manager, modded camera, updated Aroma installer to 2.5, build prop tweaks, call record and more.
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and install all USB drivers
- Ensure all important data is backed up
- Your device should have CWM recovery installed in it
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked
Install XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300):
- Download XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM for Galaxy S3 to your PC
- Connect and mount your device USB memory on your PC using USB cable
- Copy and paste the downloaded Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file to your device's SD card
- Turn off the phone, disconnect from PC and make it enter recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing Volume Up + Home and Power buttons
- Perform full data wiping in ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery and navigate to flash zip from SD card and press the Power key
- Once again press the power key and select choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to the Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file and choose it using the power key. Tap on yes to confirm the installation
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now
You have successfully installed XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Codec ROM on your Galaxy S3.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: