Sprint to roll-out Android 2.2 upgrade for EVO 4G on August 3
By Manikandan Raman | July 30, 2010 11:50 PM EST
Wirlesss carrier sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade to HTC EVO 4G users on Tuesday, August 3.
According to an announcement posted on the carrier's Web site, Sprint said the upgrade will be sent out to EVO users in waves, meaning the software will then be sent over-the-air to the device and automatically installed.
All users should have the software by the middle of the month.
The users can also manually download the upgrade starting Tuesday.
The update is said to be much faster than Éclair 2.1 update and features voice calling over Bluetooth, it enables you to store your apps on the external memory, and has Flash 10X support with an improved browser performance.
The update said to be available soon for Motorola Droid and Droid X too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch