Sprint to roll-out Android 2.2 upgrade for EVO 4G on August 3
By Manikandan Raman | July 30, 2010 11:50 PM EST
Wirlesss carrier sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade to HTC EVO 4G users on Tuesday, August 3.
According to an announcement posted on the carrier's Web site, Sprint said the upgrade will be sent out to EVO users in waves, meaning the software will then be sent over-the-air to the device and automatically installed.
All users should have the software by the middle of the month.
The users can also manually download the upgrade starting Tuesday.
The update is said to be much faster than Éclair 2.1 update and features voice calling over Bluetooth, it enables you to store your apps on the external memory, and has Flash 10X support with an improved browser performance.
The update said to be available soon for Motorola Droid and Droid X too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June