Sprint to roll-out Android 2.2 upgrade for EVO 4G on August 3
By Manikandan Raman | July 30, 2010 11:50 PM EST
Wirlesss carrier sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade to HTC EVO 4G users on Tuesday, August 3.
According to an announcement posted on the carrier's Web site, Sprint said the upgrade will be sent out to EVO users in waves, meaning the software will then be sent over-the-air to the device and automatically installed.
All users should have the software by the middle of the month.
The users can also manually download the upgrade starting Tuesday.
The update is said to be much faster than Éclair 2.1 update and features voice calling over Bluetooth, it enables you to store your apps on the external memory, and has Flash 10X support with an improved browser performance.
The update said to be available soon for Motorola Droid and Droid X too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans