Sprint to roll-out Android 2.2 upgrade for EVO 4G on August 3
By Manikandan Raman | July 30, 2010 11:50 PM EST
Wirlesss carrier sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade to HTC EVO 4G users on Tuesday, August 3.
According to an announcement posted on the carrier's Web site, Sprint said the upgrade will be sent out to EVO users in waves, meaning the software will then be sent over-the-air to the device and automatically installed.
All users should have the software by the middle of the month.
The users can also manually download the upgrade starting Tuesday.
The update is said to be much faster than Éclair 2.1 update and features voice calling over Bluetooth, it enables you to store your apps on the external memory, and has Flash 10X support with an improved browser performance.
The update said to be available soon for Motorola Droid and Droid X too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop