Sprint to roll-out Android 2.2 upgrade for EVO 4G on August 3
By Manikandan Raman | July 30, 2010 11:50 PM EST
Wirlesss carrier sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade to HTC EVO 4G users on Tuesday, August 3.
According to an announcement posted on the carrier's Web site, Sprint said the upgrade will be sent out to EVO users in waves, meaning the software will then be sent over-the-air to the device and automatically installed.
All users should have the software by the middle of the month.
The users can also manually download the upgrade starting Tuesday.
The update is said to be much faster than Éclair 2.1 update and features voice calling over Bluetooth, it enables you to store your apps on the external memory, and has Flash 10X support with an improved browser performance.
The update said to be available soon for Motorola Droid and Droid X too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional