BP Starts Building $20-M Gas Facility in Adelaide
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 23, 2012 9:56 AM EST
BP has started the construction of its $20 million facility at Largs North in Adelaide. It is the first phase of the oil and gas giant's $41 million investment over the next five years.
With the 30 million litre tank, South Australia's security of diesel supply will be boosted, SA Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis said on Monday. He said the state's growing mining sector is expected to need more energy with the opening of new mines and new shipment of iron ore.
The minister said the BP expansion would provide the reliability of supply when the new facility comes online in November 2013. He said the project is an indicator of BP's confidence in SA's mining industry.
Besides the new facility, BP is also developing an offshore exploration in the state to identify new oil and gas reserves.
While expanding in SA, the British energy firm and its joint venture with Russian oil operators sold for $61 billon its TNK-BP project to Rosneft, the state-owned oil giant in Russia. BP actually sold half of its stake in TNK-BP to Rosneft for $17.1 billion cash and a 12.84 per cent stake in the Russian oil group AAR. Rosneft will also purchase the other half of the joint venture from AAR for $28 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance