BP Starts Building $20-M Gas Facility in Adelaide
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 23, 2012 9:56 AM EST
BP has started the construction of its $20 million facility at Largs North in Adelaide. It is the first phase of the oil and gas giant's $41 million investment over the next five years.
With the 30 million litre tank, South Australia's security of diesel supply will be boosted, SA Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis said on Monday. He said the state's growing mining sector is expected to need more energy with the opening of new mines and new shipment of iron ore.
The minister said the BP expansion would provide the reliability of supply when the new facility comes online in November 2013. He said the project is an indicator of BP's confidence in SA's mining industry.
Besides the new facility, BP is also developing an offshore exploration in the state to identify new oil and gas reserves.
While expanding in SA, the British energy firm and its joint venture with Russian oil operators sold for $61 billon its TNK-BP project to Rosneft, the state-owned oil giant in Russia. BP actually sold half of its stake in TNK-BP to Rosneft for $17.1 billion cash and a 12.84 per cent stake in the Russian oil group AAR. Rosneft will also purchase the other half of the joint venture from AAR for $28 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- While Asian Property Markets Are Cooling, 92% Of Philippine Real Estate Agents & Brokers Are Positive About Next 12 Months
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 28, 2014
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones