BP Starts Building $20-M Gas Facility in Adelaide
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 23, 2012 9:56 AM EST
BP has started the construction of its $20 million facility at Largs North in Adelaide. It is the first phase of the oil and gas giant's $41 million investment over the next five years.
With the 30 million litre tank, South Australia's security of diesel supply will be boosted, SA Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis said on Monday. He said the state's growing mining sector is expected to need more energy with the opening of new mines and new shipment of iron ore.
The minister said the BP expansion would provide the reliability of supply when the new facility comes online in November 2013. He said the project is an indicator of BP's confidence in SA's mining industry.
Besides the new facility, BP is also developing an offshore exploration in the state to identify new oil and gas reserves.
While expanding in SA, the British energy firm and its joint venture with Russian oil operators sold for $61 billon its TNK-BP project to Rosneft, the state-owned oil giant in Russia. BP actually sold half of its stake in TNK-BP to Rosneft for $17.1 billion cash and a 12.84 per cent stake in the Russian oil group AAR. Rosneft will also purchase the other half of the joint venture from AAR for $28 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight