Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs Strip To Promote ‘Community’ Season 4 Premiere [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | October 23, 2012 6:18 AM EST
The “Community” season four premiere has been continually pushed back and has no air date at this time, but that hasn’t stopped cast members from releasing promotional material for the cult series comeback. Series stars Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs released what they call a “Pin Up Special” to YouTube on Oct 19 to get fans hyped for the new season.
“Community girls Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs do silly things while being half dressed,” reads the video’s description. The “Pin Up Special” features a scantily clad Brie and Jacobs goofing around with gag stripping and other burlesque-themed shenanigans.
As Entertainment Weekly puts it, this video “exists in the sexiest timeline.” EW reports that the video was recorded during the female leads’ photo shoot with GQ last summer, but their nearly naked high jinks haven’t been released the planned released date for the fourth and final season of “Community.”
Early this month, word was released that “Community” wouldn’t be taking up a slot on NBC’s Friday night lineup, as was originally planned for the show’s closing season.
Vulture reported that the show was put on hold along with Whitney with no word on the future of Greendale’s finest. Last week it was announced that “Whitney” which was also put on hold from the Friday lineup would be taking the place of newly canceled “Animal Practice” come mid-November, while “Community” remains in limbo.
The Hollywood Reporter claims that NBC released an official statement on their decision to keep “Community” on hold.
"Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks -- including winning the first week of the season in adults 18-49 -- we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold Community and Whitney from their previously announced premieres of Oct. 19," NBC said in a statement according to the Hollywood Reporter. "Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week; plus, we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of Whitney and Community."
“Community” has faced this kind of treatment from their home network in the past. Last year the series was taken off the air until a strong viral campaign from series fans persuaded NBC officials to bring the series back.
Maybe a nearly naked Brie and Jacobs is just what the series needs to get brought back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories