Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs Strip To Promote ‘Community’ Season 4 Premiere [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | October 23, 2012 6:18 AM EST
The “Community” season four premiere has been continually pushed back and has no air date at this time, but that hasn’t stopped cast members from releasing promotional material for the cult series comeback. Series stars Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs released what they call a “Pin Up Special” to YouTube on Oct 19 to get fans hyped for the new season.
“Community girls Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs do silly things while being half dressed,” reads the video’s description. The “Pin Up Special” features a scantily clad Brie and Jacobs goofing around with gag stripping and other burlesque-themed shenanigans.
As Entertainment Weekly puts it, this video “exists in the sexiest timeline.” EW reports that the video was recorded during the female leads’ photo shoot with GQ last summer, but their nearly naked high jinks haven’t been released the planned released date for the fourth and final season of “Community.”
Early this month, word was released that “Community” wouldn’t be taking up a slot on NBC’s Friday night lineup, as was originally planned for the show’s closing season.
Vulture reported that the show was put on hold along with Whitney with no word on the future of Greendale’s finest. Last week it was announced that “Whitney” which was also put on hold from the Friday lineup would be taking the place of newly canceled “Animal Practice” come mid-November, while “Community” remains in limbo.
The Hollywood Reporter claims that NBC released an official statement on their decision to keep “Community” on hold.
"Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks -- including winning the first week of the season in adults 18-49 -- we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold Community and Whitney from their previously announced premieres of Oct. 19," NBC said in a statement according to the Hollywood Reporter. "Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week; plus, we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of Whitney and Community."
“Community” has faced this kind of treatment from their home network in the past. Last year the series was taken off the air until a strong viral campaign from series fans persuaded NBC officials to bring the series back.
Maybe a nearly naked Brie and Jacobs is just what the series needs to get brought back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’