Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs Strip To Promote ‘Community’ Season 4 Premiere [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | October 23, 2012 6:18 AM EST
The “Community” season four premiere has been continually pushed back and has no air date at this time, but that hasn’t stopped cast members from releasing promotional material for the cult series comeback. Series stars Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs released what they call a “Pin Up Special” to YouTube on Oct 19 to get fans hyped for the new season.
“Community girls Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs do silly things while being half dressed,” reads the video’s description. The “Pin Up Special” features a scantily clad Brie and Jacobs goofing around with gag stripping and other burlesque-themed shenanigans.
As Entertainment Weekly puts it, this video “exists in the sexiest timeline.” EW reports that the video was recorded during the female leads’ photo shoot with GQ last summer, but their nearly naked high jinks haven’t been released the planned released date for the fourth and final season of “Community.”
Early this month, word was released that “Community” wouldn’t be taking up a slot on NBC’s Friday night lineup, as was originally planned for the show’s closing season.
Vulture reported that the show was put on hold along with Whitney with no word on the future of Greendale’s finest. Last week it was announced that “Whitney” which was also put on hold from the Friday lineup would be taking the place of newly canceled “Animal Practice” come mid-November, while “Community” remains in limbo.
The Hollywood Reporter claims that NBC released an official statement on their decision to keep “Community” on hold.
"Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks -- including winning the first week of the season in adults 18-49 -- we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold Community and Whitney from their previously announced premieres of Oct. 19," NBC said in a statement according to the Hollywood Reporter. "Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week; plus, we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of Whitney and Community."
“Community” has faced this kind of treatment from their home network in the past. Last year the series was taken off the air until a strong viral campaign from series fans persuaded NBC officials to bring the series back.
Maybe a nearly naked Brie and Jacobs is just what the series needs to get brought back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales