Vodafone UK has released Android
4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware for Samsung
Galaxy S3 users.
As announced, Vodafone has started Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) updates for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners in the UK. The file is available for manual download and installation via Samsung Kies, as well as an Over the Air (OTA) release.
- Base firmware - I9300XXDLIH (Android v4.1.1)
- Region - Europe
- Country - United Kingdom
- Carrier - Vodafone
- Build Date - 18 October, 2012
- Modem - XXDLIH
- CSC - OXADLIH
Users looking to update via Kies may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Installation does not require either a rooted device or ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed and USB debugging mode is enabled
- Back-up all important data, including APN settings
- Ensure at least 80 percent battery charge
- Galaxy S3 is factory unlocked
To Install Android 4.1.1 XXDLIH for Galaxy S3 I9300
- Download Android 4.1.1 I9300 XXDLIH to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch device off and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, start while holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons till Android sign and triangle appears and then press Power to enter Download Mode)
- Start Odin on computer and connect device while in Download Mode (successful connection indicated by an ID:COM box turning yellow with the COM port number; this may take time so be patient)
- Select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select Code
- Click on Phone and select Modem
- Click on CSC and select CSC
- Click on PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three if such files do not exist
- Click on Start to begin installation
- After installation, device will restart. Unplug device after Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been updated to Android 4.1.1 build (XXDLIH firmware). This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone. Galaxy S3 users who have already updated the device may follow this tutorial to root Android 4.1.1 XXDLIH official firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail: