Yash Chopra’s Superstars Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Express Grief over His Death
By Manoj Kumar | October 22, 2012 9:25 PM EST
The sudden demise of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra has left Bollywood in grief with celebrities taking to twitter to express their sorrow, and among them are superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, who earned stardom partly because of the filmmaker.
Amitabh Bachchan, who worked with Chopra in a host of films during their 44 long years of close association in the industry, shared the filmmaker's raise from the scratches to the skies in his blog and expressed his sadness over his sudden demise.
"I never ever thought there would come a day when I would have to say - "Yash Chopra no more" .. He went away too soon !!" tweeted Amitabh Bachchan. "Just back from his studio where he lies still and motionless .. this was the first time I ever saw him on his back in 44 yrs !!"
Actor Shahrukh Khan, whose success in the film industry could be attributed to his association with Yash Chopra, expressed his sadness on the death of the man behind his many blockbusters, including "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" that shot him to stardom.
"Whenever my loved ones depart...ı feel a part of me extinguishes itself with them. Will there come a day. that I will no longer have a bit of myself to let go of? And then the thought follows...that every time they have taken some of me... .with them onto theır last journey , I have found a fragment of them left inside me too...I will always have some love to give... and I will always be both emptied and replenished by the loved ones I lose. I keep u wıth me Yashjı and I mıss u too Yashjı...lots," wrote Shah Rukh Khan on his twitter page.
Yash Chopra, who recently announced retirement from films, breathed his last on Sunday evening at a private hospital in Mumbai. Earlier this month, he was taken to Lilavati Hospital, where he was diagnosed with dengue.
He directed several big stars in Bollywood and delivered a slew of super-hit movies, like "Deewaar", "Darr ", "Dil To Pagal Hai", "Veer-Zaara" and many more. His last directed movie, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma is scheduled for release this Diwali.
Chopra is affectionately called 'king of romance' in the industry for his timeless films belonging to romantic genres. He produced many hit films over the last few decades under his production company, Yash Raj Films.
He was responsible for catapulting many actors to stardom, either through the movie produced or directed by him. Perhaps there is no superstar in Bollywood who hasn't worked with him - from Rajesh Khanna to Amitabh Bachchan to Rishi Kapoor to Shah Rukh Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen