Yash Chopra’s Superstars Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Express Grief over His Death
By Manoj Kumar | October 22, 2012 9:25 PM EST
The sudden demise of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra has left Bollywood in grief with celebrities taking to twitter to express their sorrow, and among them are superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, who earned stardom partly because of the filmmaker.
Amitabh Bachchan, who worked with Chopra in a host of films during their 44 long years of close association in the industry, shared the filmmaker's raise from the scratches to the skies in his blog and expressed his sadness over his sudden demise.
"I never ever thought there would come a day when I would have to say - "Yash Chopra no more" .. He went away too soon !!" tweeted Amitabh Bachchan. "Just back from his studio where he lies still and motionless .. this was the first time I ever saw him on his back in 44 yrs !!"
Actor Shahrukh Khan, whose success in the film industry could be attributed to his association with Yash Chopra, expressed his sadness on the death of the man behind his many blockbusters, including "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" that shot him to stardom.
"Whenever my loved ones depart...ı feel a part of me extinguishes itself with them. Will there come a day. that I will no longer have a bit of myself to let go of? And then the thought follows...that every time they have taken some of me... .with them onto theır last journey , I have found a fragment of them left inside me too...I will always have some love to give... and I will always be both emptied and replenished by the loved ones I lose. I keep u wıth me Yashjı and I mıss u too Yashjı...lots," wrote Shah Rukh Khan on his twitter page.
Yash Chopra, who recently announced retirement from films, breathed his last on Sunday evening at a private hospital in Mumbai. Earlier this month, he was taken to Lilavati Hospital, where he was diagnosed with dengue.
He directed several big stars in Bollywood and delivered a slew of super-hit movies, like "Deewaar", "Darr ", "Dil To Pagal Hai", "Veer-Zaara" and many more. His last directed movie, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma is scheduled for release this Diwali.
Chopra is affectionately called 'king of romance' in the industry for his timeless films belonging to romantic genres. He produced many hit films over the last few decades under his production company, Yash Raj Films.
He was responsible for catapulting many actors to stardom, either through the movie produced or directed by him. Perhaps there is no superstar in Bollywood who hasn't worked with him - from Rajesh Khanna to Amitabh Bachchan to Rishi Kapoor to Shah Rukh Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia