Yash Chopra’s Superstars Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Express Grief over His Death
By Manoj Kumar | October 22, 2012 9:25 PM EST
The sudden demise of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra has left Bollywood in grief with celebrities taking to twitter to express their sorrow, and among them are superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, who earned stardom partly because of the filmmaker.
Amitabh Bachchan, who worked with Chopra in a host of films during their 44 long years of close association in the industry, shared the filmmaker's raise from the scratches to the skies in his blog and expressed his sadness over his sudden demise.
"I never ever thought there would come a day when I would have to say - "Yash Chopra no more" .. He went away too soon !!" tweeted Amitabh Bachchan. "Just back from his studio where he lies still and motionless .. this was the first time I ever saw him on his back in 44 yrs !!"
Actor Shahrukh Khan, whose success in the film industry could be attributed to his association with Yash Chopra, expressed his sadness on the death of the man behind his many blockbusters, including "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" that shot him to stardom.
"Whenever my loved ones depart...ı feel a part of me extinguishes itself with them. Will there come a day. that I will no longer have a bit of myself to let go of? And then the thought follows...that every time they have taken some of me... .with them onto theır last journey , I have found a fragment of them left inside me too...I will always have some love to give... and I will always be both emptied and replenished by the loved ones I lose. I keep u wıth me Yashjı and I mıss u too Yashjı...lots," wrote Shah Rukh Khan on his twitter page.
Yash Chopra, who recently announced retirement from films, breathed his last on Sunday evening at a private hospital in Mumbai. Earlier this month, he was taken to Lilavati Hospital, where he was diagnosed with dengue.
He directed several big stars in Bollywood and delivered a slew of super-hit movies, like "Deewaar", "Darr ", "Dil To Pagal Hai", "Veer-Zaara" and many more. His last directed movie, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma is scheduled for release this Diwali.
Chopra is affectionately called 'king of romance' in the industry for his timeless films belonging to romantic genres. He produced many hit films over the last few decades under his production company, Yash Raj Films.
He was responsible for catapulting many actors to stardom, either through the movie produced or directed by him. Perhaps there is no superstar in Bollywood who hasn't worked with him - from Rajesh Khanna to Amitabh Bachchan to Rishi Kapoor to Shah Rukh Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan