Confidence in the commercial real estate sector in the UK has fallen back as a result of the weaker economic backdrop and ongoing euro zone crisis, according to a new survey.
Despite this fall in confidence, all groups remain committed to investing in the sector and are keen to source opportunities that can add long term value and this might be symptomatic of a perception that the market is near the bottom, the latest Commercial Property Confidence Monitor produced by Lloyds Bank Wholesale Banking and Markets and in association with the Investment Property Forum.
Major businesses and London based medium to large businesses have the greatest appetite for new investment in the sector over the coming three to six months. Major businesses have become more positive, in line with August 2011 expectations, with 70% of respondents aiming to increase commitment and 10% looking to divest.
It also shows that London based medium to large businesses are looking to take advantage of attractive valuations with 4% expecting to invest and just 4% planning to divest.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- Mars Curiosity Rover Photos: UFO Hunter Spots Strange 'Ruins,' 'Missile' [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Miranda Kerr Exposes Breasts to Crew, Wardrobe Malfunction 'Deliberate Accident?' [PHOTOS]
- Rate this Story
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Spoilers: What Will Happen With Stefan And Silas?
- Amy’s Baking Company Hosts Job Fair To Replace Wait Staff After ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ Fiasco
- Singapore Supervisor Slaps Intern To 'Nurture' Him In Viral Clip [VIDEO]
- Joe Biden's UPenn Commencement Address Upsets Chinese International Students
- Mayweather Jr. Next Fight: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, Amir Khan Or Lucas Matthysse On Floyd's Radar?
- Dominique Venner Suicide At Cathedral Of Notre Dame In Paris Prompts Evacuation Of Landmark Church
- Xbox 720 Reveal: Watch Microsoft's Live Stream Of The Event [VIDEO]
- Man with Largest Penis Sings About His Situation; MTV Goes Viral (VIDEO)
- Battery Fast Charging: Eesha Khare Invents Device, Gets Intel Young Scientist Award (VIDEO)
- Apple (AAPL) Works on Thinner and Lighter iPad 5
- How I Met Your Mother: Top “45 Days” Theories, Is it Aunt Robin in the End? [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPad Mini 2 Scheduled for July 2013 Release Date with New iOS 7 Multitasking Features?
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. iPhone 5: Top 7 Reasons Why Upgrade to Galaxy S4
- 2013 Comet ISON: Hubble Space Telescope Captures Spectacular Image of Approaching Comet
- iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date in September in Different Colors, Says Reliable Website
- Official Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware Now Available for Download and Installation?
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6: Top 10 Ultimate Features Added to the Next Generation iPhone
- iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date in 2014? Top 5 Killer Features You Would Like to See
- Motorola X-Phone Set for U.S. Release Soon: Will Australian, UK Markets Come Next After the American Debut?
- iPhone 6, 5S Release Date Still Far Away as iPhone 5 Selling Price Remain Unchanged?
- Is iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 Release Date Happening Soon? Prices of Previous Apple Tablets Remain High in Australia