Asus Transformer Pad Infinity
The Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T can now be updated to the latest Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) CyanogenMod (CM) 10 firmware using a custom ROM. But there is no word on when the device will receive the official Android 4.1.2 update. Asus fans who cannot wait for the official update may update their device using the new custom ROM.
Disclaimer: The ROM and the guide below are compatible only with the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Install the USB drivers for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Your device should be left with minimum of 80 per cent battery
- Ensure you have backed up all the data
- Your device should be factory unlocked
Install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity:
- Download Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google Apps
- Connect and mount your Pad Infinity USB memory to the PC using USB cable
- Copy both downloaded zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch off the device and unplug from USB cable
- Enter Recovery mode. To do so, turn on the device and keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons until you see a message "Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)". Highlight the USB icon by pressing the Volume Down button and then press Volume Up to confirm the message
- Perform a cache wipe by choosing Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache and then scroll to and select choose zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose the Android 4.1.2 ROM file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps as well
- After completing installation process, your device should reboot by itself.
Your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity should now be running on Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: