Team Snooki Boxing: Will 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Fight The 'Jersey Shore' Star?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 22, 2012 2:05 AM EST
The boxing world, already losing fans and revenue to the UFC, now faces the spectacle of two of America’s most-lampooned reality stars potentially stepping into the ring. Nadya “Octomom” Suleman has ventured into the world of celebrity boxing to be able to support her 14 children and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has joined with a promoting outfit, now called Team Snooki Boxing.
Team Snooki Boxing appears to be a way for the “Jersey Shore” star to monetize her image once the fame from her reality show starts to fade. She’s working with dad Andy Polizzi and Mike Pascale, who previously worked for Final Round Promotions, according to ESPN.
The management partners – who are based in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. -- seem to be training and investing in actual boxers. The team of boxers, dubbed “The Irish Invasion,” had fights scheduled earlier this year, and NESN speculated that the showcases might have been the most anticipated boxing matches in the first half of 2012.
If Snooki’s new venture doesn’t work out, though, she can always get some free publicity by enlisting the Octomom. Suleman took to celebrity boxing so she’d be able to pay some of her bills that looked more intimidating after her reality show was nixed and the porn offers hadn’t yet started flowing in. She appeared in the ring several times during 2011, only to be kicked out in September of this year after failing to show up for a few scheduled appearances.
Damon Feldman, the CEO of celebrity Boxing, said Suleman had to go because her management “owes people money and doesn’t want to pay,” according to Perez Hilton. Feldman seemed to change his mind about a month later, though, when “Tanning Mom” Patricia Krentcil challenged the Octomom to a fight, a request she has yet to respond to.
A fight between Snooki and the Octomom could get ugly. Suleman stands at almost a foot taller than the “Jersey Shore” star and has experience in the ring, although MTV audiences know that Polizzi can certainly take a punch. The paycheck each star could command from tabloid magazines and Celebrity Boxing might be too irresistible to pass up, and the event would be as highly anticipated as the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather tilt that never came to be.
Plus, Snooki has to think about her own livelihood. The girl that made headlines for getting arrested on the boardwalk and dancing on bars is now a 24-year-old mom with a baby boy. Then again, that didn’t stop Suleman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October