Team Snooki Boxing: Will 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Fight The 'Jersey Shore' Star?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 22, 2012 2:05 AM EST
The boxing world, already losing fans and revenue to the UFC, now faces the spectacle of two of America’s most-lampooned reality stars potentially stepping into the ring. Nadya “Octomom” Suleman has ventured into the world of celebrity boxing to be able to support her 14 children and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has joined with a promoting outfit, now called Team Snooki Boxing.
Team Snooki Boxing appears to be a way for the “Jersey Shore” star to monetize her image once the fame from her reality show starts to fade. She’s working with dad Andy Polizzi and Mike Pascale, who previously worked for Final Round Promotions, according to ESPN.
The management partners – who are based in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. -- seem to be training and investing in actual boxers. The team of boxers, dubbed “The Irish Invasion,” had fights scheduled earlier this year, and NESN speculated that the showcases might have been the most anticipated boxing matches in the first half of 2012.
If Snooki’s new venture doesn’t work out, though, she can always get some free publicity by enlisting the Octomom. Suleman took to celebrity boxing so she’d be able to pay some of her bills that looked more intimidating after her reality show was nixed and the porn offers hadn’t yet started flowing in. She appeared in the ring several times during 2011, only to be kicked out in September of this year after failing to show up for a few scheduled appearances.
Damon Feldman, the CEO of celebrity Boxing, said Suleman had to go because her management “owes people money and doesn’t want to pay,” according to Perez Hilton. Feldman seemed to change his mind about a month later, though, when “Tanning Mom” Patricia Krentcil challenged the Octomom to a fight, a request she has yet to respond to.
A fight between Snooki and the Octomom could get ugly. Suleman stands at almost a foot taller than the “Jersey Shore” star and has experience in the ring, although MTV audiences know that Polizzi can certainly take a punch. The paycheck each star could command from tabloid magazines and Celebrity Boxing might be too irresistible to pass up, and the event would be as highly anticipated as the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather tilt that never came to be.
Plus, Snooki has to think about her own livelihood. The girl that made headlines for getting arrested on the boardwalk and dancing on bars is now a 24-year-old mom with a baby boy. Then again, that didn’t stop Suleman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced