Team Snooki Boxing: Will 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Fight The 'Jersey Shore' Star?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 22, 2012 2:05 AM EST
The boxing world, already losing fans and revenue to the UFC, now faces the spectacle of two of America’s most-lampooned reality stars potentially stepping into the ring. Nadya “Octomom” Suleman has ventured into the world of celebrity boxing to be able to support her 14 children and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has joined with a promoting outfit, now called Team Snooki Boxing.
Team Snooki Boxing appears to be a way for the “Jersey Shore” star to monetize her image once the fame from her reality show starts to fade. She’s working with dad Andy Polizzi and Mike Pascale, who previously worked for Final Round Promotions, according to ESPN.
The management partners – who are based in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. -- seem to be training and investing in actual boxers. The team of boxers, dubbed “The Irish Invasion,” had fights scheduled earlier this year, and NESN speculated that the showcases might have been the most anticipated boxing matches in the first half of 2012.
If Snooki’s new venture doesn’t work out, though, she can always get some free publicity by enlisting the Octomom. Suleman took to celebrity boxing so she’d be able to pay some of her bills that looked more intimidating after her reality show was nixed and the porn offers hadn’t yet started flowing in. She appeared in the ring several times during 2011, only to be kicked out in September of this year after failing to show up for a few scheduled appearances.
Damon Feldman, the CEO of celebrity Boxing, said Suleman had to go because her management “owes people money and doesn’t want to pay,” according to Perez Hilton. Feldman seemed to change his mind about a month later, though, when “Tanning Mom” Patricia Krentcil challenged the Octomom to a fight, a request she has yet to respond to.
A fight between Snooki and the Octomom could get ugly. Suleman stands at almost a foot taller than the “Jersey Shore” star and has experience in the ring, although MTV audiences know that Polizzi can certainly take a punch. The paycheck each star could command from tabloid magazines and Celebrity Boxing might be too irresistible to pass up, and the event would be as highly anticipated as the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather tilt that never came to be.
Plus, Snooki has to think about her own livelihood. The girl that made headlines for getting arrested on the boardwalk and dancing on bars is now a 24-year-old mom with a baby boy. Then again, that didn’t stop Suleman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery