Team Snooki Boxing: Will 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Fight The 'Jersey Shore' Star?
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 22, 2012 2:05 AM EST
The boxing world, already losing fans and revenue to the UFC, now faces the spectacle of two of America’s most-lampooned reality stars potentially stepping into the ring. Nadya “Octomom” Suleman has ventured into the world of celebrity boxing to be able to support her 14 children and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has joined with a promoting outfit, now called Team Snooki Boxing.
Team Snooki Boxing appears to be a way for the “Jersey Shore” star to monetize her image once the fame from her reality show starts to fade. She’s working with dad Andy Polizzi and Mike Pascale, who previously worked for Final Round Promotions, according to ESPN.
The management partners – who are based in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. -- seem to be training and investing in actual boxers. The team of boxers, dubbed “The Irish Invasion,” had fights scheduled earlier this year, and NESN speculated that the showcases might have been the most anticipated boxing matches in the first half of 2012.
If Snooki’s new venture doesn’t work out, though, she can always get some free publicity by enlisting the Octomom. Suleman took to celebrity boxing so she’d be able to pay some of her bills that looked more intimidating after her reality show was nixed and the porn offers hadn’t yet started flowing in. She appeared in the ring several times during 2011, only to be kicked out in September of this year after failing to show up for a few scheduled appearances.
Damon Feldman, the CEO of celebrity Boxing, said Suleman had to go because her management “owes people money and doesn’t want to pay,” according to Perez Hilton. Feldman seemed to change his mind about a month later, though, when “Tanning Mom” Patricia Krentcil challenged the Octomom to a fight, a request she has yet to respond to.
A fight between Snooki and the Octomom could get ugly. Suleman stands at almost a foot taller than the “Jersey Shore” star and has experience in the ring, although MTV audiences know that Polizzi can certainly take a punch. The paycheck each star could command from tabloid magazines and Celebrity Boxing might be too irresistible to pass up, and the event would be as highly anticipated as the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather tilt that never came to be.
Plus, Snooki has to think about her own livelihood. The girl that made headlines for getting arrested on the boardwalk and dancing on bars is now a 24-year-old mom with a baby boy. Then again, that didn’t stop Suleman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier