The Jelly Bean update has started rolling out for Samsung
Galaxy S3 in the UK.
Samsung began roll-out of the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update to UK-based owners of the Galaxy S3 smartphone on 19 October, according to a note by mobile service provider O2. The notification indicated the upgrade would be available both by Wi-Fi and via Kies.
Vodafone users can expect to receive their updates from 22 October onwards. A notification by the company said the release would be a staggered one, meaning the file would be made available, for Over the Air (OTA) download in batches, a process that will take several days.
"We'd recommend using Wi-Fi as the file size is substantial. Alternatively, if you'd like to update without waiting for over the air prompt, connect your phone to your PC with Samsung Kies and you'll be able to update once it's available on Monday," Vodafone added. Network operator Three tweeted the arrival of the Jelly Bean update and has provided instructions to its users for the upgrade process.
To Update Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean
- In Home screen, tap Apps
- Now follow this path - Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update
- Accept listed Terms and Conditions and Confirm download
Three has confirmed the Jelly Bean update has arrived for the UK galaxy S3 users.
- Note: Ensure data allowance on network plan allows for download of Jelly Bean file. Since the file is rather large, you may be charged for excess data downloaded.
- Tap Install Now when the software installation message appears on the screen
- Follow any other on-screen messages or prompts during installation
The Samsung Galaxy S3 has now been updated with Jelly Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail: